[FT] Hearts 2 - 0 Rangers

While it's extremely disappointing in that we weren't just beaten we were also outplayed overall it's not the end of the world. We're still level with them on points and only need to beat the sheep at Ibrox to negate their games in hand and stay ahead of them. And we have the January window to revitalise some areas. Just a couple of players can make a significant difference.

We badly need Rossiter back in the mix but his injury appears to be turning into the never ending story.

We played shyte that day, gave them a hand in two goals and had two people sent off before the last two. Today we apparently just played shyte. Happens.

Meanwhile ... spot the difference to today:

[video=youtube;_JYT-rzhDSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JYT-rzhDSI

That just shows the absurdity that is the theory that Rangers are somehow favoured by referees.

While it's extremely disappointing in that we weren't just beaten we were also outplayed overall it's not the end of the world. We're still level with them on points and only need to beat the sheep at Ibrox to negate their games in hand and stay ahead of them. And we have the January window to revitalise some areas. Just a couple of players can make a significant difference.

We badly need Rossiter back in the mix but his injury appears to be turning into the never ending story.

Unfortunately I'm beginning to think Rossiter is one of these players who'll not make it due to injuries. Maybe that's why liverpool let him go

Edited by RANGERRAB

I blame the players more than the manager, several of them looked as if they'd chucked it.

The manager signed those players. He picked those players to play. The manager decides the tactics & gameplans( which are almost always identical & predictable).

He has the ultimate responsibility. The buck stops with him.

I think it's a bit of both here, it's not all the managers fault but he will be the one who will go if it continues like this.

Last season, albeit at a lower level, most of the players we still have looked like they were enjoying their football, playing with confidence, working hard for each other and the result, they looked like they believed in themselves.

This season seems the total opposite, no one is playing with the same or any confidence at all and that comes from the manager down but also the players need to take a look at themselves and grow up or get out if they can't play for a big club such as Rangers. Hearts aren't a great team but worked their socks off last night and got what they deserved. We didn't work hard, most chucked it and we got what we deserved.

Do we need better players, of course, but the players we have should be trying to improve themselves at this level and at the very least they should be able to put in a shift for 90 minutes and not treat every game like a training session.

I suspect many of the players there know they don't have what it takes to cut it at Rangers now we are back and the pressure is on. They know most will be on their way sooner or later and they will never be at a club as big as ours again. As has been said, many have chucked it and are happy collecting the pay check.

I suspect many of the players there know they don't have what it takes to cut it at Rangers now we are back and the pressure is on. They know most will be on their way sooner or later and they will never be at a club as big as ours again. As has been said, many have chucked it and are happy collecting the pay check.

You would think it would be the opposite and they work even harder to prove they can make it at Rangers, especially with the facilities they have available to them! We have no backbone to the team from back to front and no leaders on the pitch it's just not good enough.

Agree with much of that. The best centre half pairing has to be Hill and Senderos. The latters confidence is shot after his debut but he has done much more in his career that Kiernan and Wilson who are going backwards. Senderos just needs a run of games and he can adapt just like Hill did who started poorly first few games but started to come good. Hodson, Senderos, Hill and Wallace may be what is required for a few games at the back.

I'm not sure about Senderos but I don't think we'll ever know as, sadly, we are hardly in a position to give him "a run of games" so that he can "adapt".

I’ve had a chance to sleep on last night’s game.

What the hell was that?

It’s not the getting beat, we’ll take the odd doing this season. It was the complete lack of ideas and application, not to mention a comprehensive failure to do the basics. I don’t think I’ve ever seen worse ball retention from a Rangers side. I’ve seen Highland League sides, with next to no ability, at least keep the ball for a time. Even McLeish’s worst sides could find their man and keep the ball for a bit. Warburton has had these players for four or five months now. I kept asking myself last night what exactly it is they do on the training park all week. Not much on the evidence of last night. When we got beat 5-1 at Parkhead, we at least had a spell in the first half where we were in the game. Last night there was no Plan A, never mind B or C. We were schooled from the first minute to the last. Only Foderingham gets pass marks. I’m not saying this is the case, but that Rangers side last night reminded me of a dressing room the management have lost.

I’m left utterly baffled by that performance. All very concerning.