Further to the McNamara thing, I did read on the BBC he is playing well for Wolves, but he is 33/34 now and has came out of internation retirement to play. Thats ok and fair play to him for doing that but surely when we have Hutton on top form he needs to be in the squad for long term solution.

McLeish obviously called up the keeper Turner for experience so why not Hutton? :confused:

The small picture with Boyd is he scores 30 goals a season which makes him world class.

The big picture is that he scores 3 in the games that we are on top but when we have 1 chance to win the game he is not at the races. Also if he was able to hold a ball up more players may get on the scoring sheet and we may not have lost so many goals.

Fu

McLeish obviously called up the keeper Turner for experience so why not Hutton? :confused:

I think the problem is that AM was going to go with a 25 man squad rather than the full 26 compliment - so to fill the roster he brought Turner in. I don't see that as a problem.

To bring in another player for experience would take you down to, effectively, a 24 man squad - and at whose expense ?

Personally if it were me and I had an extra slot available for another player I would have brought in Stevie Naismith from Killie - seeing as we have only 4 strikers I would have brought in an extra striker rather than defender.

It is all about opinions though.

I think the problem is that AM was going to go with a 25 man squad rather than the full 26 compliment - so to fill the roster he brought Turner in. I don't see that as a problem.

To bring in another player for experience would take you down to, effectively, a 24 man squad - and at whose expense ?

Personally if it were me and I had an extra slot available for another player I would have brought in Stevie Naismith from Killie - seeing as we have only 4 strikers I would have brought in an extra striker rather than defender.

It is all about opinions though.

After reading your post Craig im in agreement that a 5th striker would have been wise. To have as much keepers as strikers in the squad sounds slightly daft.

But as you say its each to there own.

After reading your post Craig im in agreement that a 5th striker would have been wise. To have as much keepers as strikers in the squad sounds slightly daft.

But as you say its each to there own.

The layout of a squad can also be confusing though Gribz. If you look at the Brazil WC squad (I remember looking at it in disbelief) they only had FOUR strikers listed - reason ? They had guys like Ronaldhino, Kaka etc listed as midfielders - I suppose technically speaking these guys are midfielders but they woule be equally adept at playing up front.

We dont have that quality but guys like McCulloch and Scott Brown can both play up front too - so although it looks like 4 strikers you could argue some of the midfielders are there to be back-up strikers.

I am giving AM the benefit of the doubt - although I still would have taken Naismith and left one of the defenders behind (or even the keeper).

The layout of a squad can also be confusing though Gribz. If you look at the Brazil WC squad (I remember looking at it in disbelief) they only had FOUR strikers listed - reason ? They had guys like Ronaldhino, Kaka etc listed as midfielders - I suppose technically speaking these guys are midfielders but they woule be equally adept at playing up front.

We dont have that quality but guys like McCulloch and Scott Brown can both play up front too - so although it looks like 4 strikers you could argue some of the midfielders are there to be back-up strikers.

I am giving AM the benefit of the doubt - although I still would have taken Naismith and left one of the defenders behind (or even the keeper).

Just as I submitted my reply McCulloch came to my head as the 5th striker if need be, and its vice versa with Maloney as he can be left wing.

Going into a tournament like the WC there would be an argument for 3 or 4 keepers but not when its 2 games and you can still call up players after the first game if the team did a chelsea and lost 2 keepers in 1 game.

Im not getting at McLeish at all here, i actually think the squad is finely balanced and we are covered in every area. And as i said on an earlier post there are still otheres to come into the squad later like Fletcher and McFadden.

IMO I just think strating with 2 pacey strikers against the Georgians is the way to go.

Just as I submitted my reply McCulloch came to my head as the 5th striker if need be, and its vice versa with Maloney as he can be left wing.

Going into a tournament like the WC there would be an argument for 3 or 4 keepers but not when its 2 games and you can still call up players after the first game if the team did a chelsea and lost 2 keepers in 1 game.

Im not getting at McLeish at all here, i actually think the squad is finely balanced and we are covered in every area. And as i said on an earlier post there are still otheres to come into the squad later like Fletcher and McFadden.

IMO I just think strating with 2 pacey strikers against the Georgians is the way to go.

What pace do we have up front aside from Miller ?

I actually liked the way Boyd and Miller linked the last time they played together. I would start with those 2 - I know Miller has been rank this season but all we would ask of him is to do Boyd's donkey work and Boyd will show him the road to goal !

What pace do we have up front aside from Miller ?

I actually liked the way Boyd and Miller linked the last time they played together. I would start with those 2 - I know Miller has been rank this season but all we would ask of him is to do Boyd's donkey work and Boyd will show him the road to goal !

Maloney is pretty pacey - not a world beater but he can get around. Ive no idea about Beattie.

I wouldnt be downbeat if Boyd started (and i think he will) as I prefer to see Gers players in the team but the midfield HAVE to set service to him if he does.

I really hope, no matter what team Eck goes with, its a 4-4-2 and not 1 upfront.

Maloney is pretty pacey - not a world beater but he can get around. Ive no idea about Beattie.

I wouldnt be downbeat if Boyd started (and i think he will) as I prefer to see Gers players in the team but the midfield HAVE to set service to him if he does.

I really hope, no matter what team Eck goes with, its a 4-4-2 and not 1 upfront.

I am no master tactician but I reckon that AM will play with Ferguson and Hartley in the "engine room" and I think both of them are creative enough to try to make things happen for Boyd.

Have a suspicion Burke might get a game too.

I think it will be a 4-4-2. I can't see AM going with a 4-5-1 and certainly not a 3-5-2 at home to Georgia, especially when we really need the win.

Anyway, 1am and time for some kip (I said kip, not kippers - that is for Gav and Beattie....).

Have a good one Gribz - laters

im clearly not the only one on here who says Boyd is shite.

I've certainly not seen anyone lese write that before. I know guys like Pete for exmaple "don't rate him". But there's a world of difference from the above. :sigh:

The reason I mentioned he's a sheep fan is they hate to give us any praise, but even he finds your constant slagging of Boyd (combined with an even more bizarre campaign to give football to Sebo) as mind-boggling.

The small picture with Boyd is he scores 30 goals a season which makes him world class.

The big picture is that he scores 3 in the games that we are on top but when we have 1 chance to win the game he is not at the races. Also if he was able to hold a ball up more players may get on the scoring sheet and we may not have lost so many goals.

Can agree with some of that to an extent. However at least Boyd brings something to the table atm. Neither of the other 3 seem to have any kind of positive impact on a game.

With the form of the other 3 and the fact that its a home game we should be looking to win, our only goalscorer has to start. It's a no-brainer. At least it should be.

Thankfully i'm 99% certain Big Eck is clever enough to realise this.