Club 1872 Hogmanay Fixture Statement

Couldn't agree more, and you begin to wonder just what it is the club are scared of.

They are trying to build bridges!, bridges that crumbled when we were kicked out of the SPL!, bridges that can't be rebuilt IMO!.

How can you build bridges with a religion that forces themselves on to kids,in more ways than one,from an early age and while I'm not advocating that includes the savagery that exists from that support it must have some effect on them.

I rarely end a sentence with a preposition either and never would with "thereto". The register (tone) is out of plae in any case, as you note. I was just pointing out that it is a matter of style and not grammar despite what generations of teachers taught us in schools. I do not think style is unimportant.

I admire you whatever connections with Greek that you had. It was not present at our school at all. Not that it would have done me any good as I was not a good scholar. I only attended school after 14/15 because the polis caught me playing hookey at a magic shop in Glasgow. Some 7 months of freedom blown in one silly error on my part. Well two errors, as I also infuriated Frank Coulston (ex Thistle - PE teacher) by not turning up for a County marathon run and he was on my trail that very week. Anyway, I ended up having to go to school until I was 16 by which time, by a quirk of catchment areas, I'd already sat my 'highers'. If I hadn't been caught, I'd still have been avoiding the damn place. So, the moral of this story is - play truant for as long as you can if you want to get good exam results :)

PS Sorry to stray so wildly off topic. The end of the year always make me reflect on the past. I'll stop now.

Edited by SteveC
PS

They are trying to build bridges!, bridges that crumbled when we were kicked out of the SPL!, bridges that can't be rebuilt IMO!.

Do you know Ian - I think that may well be our realistic starting point - & once that realisation sinks in we will be all the better for it.

I rarely end a sentence with a preposition either and never would with "thereto". The register (tone) is out of plae in any case, as you note. I was just pointing out that it is a matter of style and not grammar despite what generations of teachers taught us in schools. I do not think style is unimportant.

I admire you whatever connections with Greek that you had. It was not present at our school at all. Not that it would have done me any good as I was not a good scholar. I only attended school after 14/15 because the polis caught me playing hookey at a magic shop in Glasgow. Some 7 months of freedom blown in one silly error on my part. Well two errors, as I also infuriated Frank Coulston (ex Thistle - PE teacher) by not turning up for a County marathon run and he was on my trail that very week. Anyway, I ended up having to go to school until I was 16 by which time, by a quirk of catchment areas, I'd already sat my 'highers'. If I hadn't been caught, I'd still have been avoiding the damn place. So, the moral of this story is - play truant for as long as you can if you want to get good exam results :)

PS Sorry to stray so wildly off topic. The end of the year always make me reflect on the past. I'll stop now.

BH/Steve

Dont mean to put a spanner in the works to this delightful linguistic discussion - but its actually a comma after "thereto" not a full stop. :touche:

Do you know Ian - I think that may well be our realistic starting point - & once that realisation sinks in we will be all the better for it.

I am astounded that this hasn't sunk in yet!, the whole of Scottish football wanted the club killed off!, that's when the penny dropped for me!

I agree. The board seem to see a future where we once again have a major say in Scottish Football. I don't see that coming any time soon, for two reasons:

1 We aren't wanted as was made abundantly clear by the other clubs.

2 Our point of view is all but banned in any sphere you care to mention - politics, society, education, policing - far less football which is run by our enemies and where all and sundry are encouraged to attack us at every opportunity.

That's without even getting into the point about 'why the hell should we forgive them?" - to which, imho, there is no answer, as we should not ever do so.

Edited by SteveC

The board are so out of touch with the fans on issues like this it is scary, I had hoped Club1872 would have bridged that gap!, however I am still hopeful of that happening, the sooner the better.

Our club and our fans have been kicked senseless by Scottish football, and will continue until the board stands up to the playground bully.