Club 1872 Hogmanay Fixture Statement

Admirable sentiments and it's good that someone is making these points to Police Scotland on behalf of the fans, although one assumes that much the same would be addressed in the pre match briefing between the Match Commander and Robin Howe (who previously held that position) and David Martin for Rangers.

I do feel however, that great care should be taken with such public statements. The second sentence is a bit of a monster and when I was at school long ago, I was taught never to end a sentence with a preposition; although I know that "rule" has been somewhat relaxed these days. And (yes I know don't begin a sentence with a conjunction!) surely it should be "the minute's silence" not "the minute silence", which is capable of two meanings and might be deliberately misinterpreted by some mischief makers.

Let's all hope that the match passes off without incident, at least off the pitch.

One of the better statements. As always though, the proof is in the pudding and I fully expect the usual 'exuberant' banners in the Broomloan, the usual sectarian singing, and the usual subsequent radio silence.

I hope we have a large security presence in the toilet areas otherwise I can see considerable retaliatory damage.

Admirable sentiments and it's good that someone is making these points to Police Scotland on behalf of the fans, although one assumes that much the same would be addressed in the pre match briefing between the Match Commander and Robin Howe (who previously held that position) and David Martin for Rangers.

I do feel however, that great care should be taken with such public statements. The second sentence is a bit of a monster and when I was at school long ago, I was taught never to end a sentence with a preposition; although I know that "rule" has been somewhat relaxed these days. And (yes I know don't begin a sentence with a conjunction!) surely it should be "the minute's silence" not "the minute silence", which is capable of two meanings and might be deliberately misinterpreted by some mischief makers.

Let's all hope that the match passes off without incident, at least off the pitch.

One man's monster is another man's culmative sentence. :-))

Disappointing that the statement doesn't highlight the sectarian nature of one of the effigies and that it wasn't just a Rangers fan that was being hung.

I've been critical of journalists for doing the same, eg Michael Grant in yesterday's The Times, but it's difficult to criticise if we do the same ourselves.

It's good to see Club1872 doing this but the reality is both Plod Scotland & the Scottish politicians are unwilling to confront the real issue here which is the vile football club from the east end & its equally vile support. You need only to look at the banners & hear their terrorist songs on matchdays to see what I mean.

I hope Club1872 don't think the reassurances they got from Plod Scotland will be upheld. Just like the SC final they'll try to turn the focus on us when the real perpetrator got off relatively unscathed

Dar't can I ask is there any enthusiasm within the board of Club1872 in regards to, balloting their membership for a vote on Celtic ticket allocation at Ibrox for future games? A clear mandate for a ticket reduction from the membership, would carry some weight should Club1872 take this further with the Rangers board.

I think there would be a successful vote for a vast reduction, as feelings have hardened in the Rangers supporting ranks, towards them in view of their increasing violence not forgetting a plethora of bigoted, sectarian and terrorist glorification paraphernalia, on show when we play them.