Joe Garner could be out for THREE months after dislocating his shoulder

I think we have to remember that the last WS squad won the league against a more expensive Celtic side than exists now, it was a pretty good squad - it's all relative to that when talking about players we didn't think were good enough. The lesser players then are generally better than what we have now - and reflected by the fact we paid more for them.

The question with Lafferty is whether he's improved, stayed similar or got worse with age.

However, while I understand some of the reasons why players walked away in 2012, personally I don't really want any of them back.

The annoying thing for me is that I think Garner would be great in a front two. I thought he started well v unwashed and it's clear his best performances have been v the top sides.

Waggy has definitely had a few "lunchtime specials" and MOH should really spend less time shaving his body(Halliday reports) and more time training. MOH is a 500k signing from a 3rd rate side with gates of 2k. A superstar he is not!

Hopefully someone else will come good however none of them have anywhere near the work ethic of Garner.

Don't get me wrong, I want it to work out for O'Halloran. But he strikes me as someone who will need to work once he retires from football. Cristiano Ronaldo can get his eyebrows done every day if he wants, but Michael O'Halloran? If I'm being harsh, he's actually achieved nothing as a footballer.

However, while I understand some of the reasons why players walked away in 2012, personally I don't really want any of them back.

I hear this a lot, and while it's now been five years, Steven Naismith was an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. Had we been re-established as the top team, I wouldn't be interested in taking anyone back, but there's one or two that could help us right now.

Thinking about that, the problem is that if we can afford any of them, it's because they have declined to the level we already have. The problem is we have what we can afford and we can't afford to improve that much this season.

Our finances should improve dramatically in the coming seasons with prize money, sponsorship and Europa games, as well as being boosted by investment.

I think we have to not live too much above our means at the moment as it's not sustainable and we don't want to handicap future seasons when expectations will be a lot higher. What we need right now is great value for money and a manager who can get them to perform well above average for the level of investment we have.

You only have to look at the best seasons of McLeish's Motherwell and Hibs or McCall's Motherwell, who had far smaller budgets, to see it can be done and hopefully scaled up to our superior income.

Good header of the ball and likes a shot too.

That's fine I hope it is one to the head.:D

Just joking but I would not like Lafferty back at Rangers he was too much trouble first time round and trips over his own legs more than he scores. In fairness to him he was played more as a winger rather than a striker.

I'm passing on an informed rumour from a reasonable source here - apparently O'Halloran believes he is a superstar. While others are getting down to extra work after training he is sitting down texting on his phone. Waghorn despite being told to quit it , is continuing to try to bulk up. That isn't going down too well either.

To be honest I'm not sure whether to believe it or not. Please don't ask for the source guys because I won't say.

Not heard that one and I'd have to say that he absolutely doesn't come across as the 'big I am' in any shape of form when you meet him. In fact, I'd say the complete opposite. But who knows what goes on behind close doors. I think he needs to be far more aware of what's going on around him on the pitch, doesn't get his head up enough for me. Still think he deserves more game time than he's getting.

It looks as if we will be in trouble if we don't have an out ball as all aforementioned are not capable of Garner type play,which any coach would sense and stop Foderingham's crap distribution with ball at feet leaving the midfield to really have to scrap.

I usually go by what I see in the here and now ... and Lafferty was a handful every time I saw him in a Northern Irish shirt last year. Same goes for Hodson, even against the likes of Germany. He'd sure add some sort of presence we currently lack in the centre of the area, not least now with Garner out. Good header of the ball and likes a shot too. All depends on the service he (or any other striker) gets.

For someone his size Lafferty is an absolutely awful header of a ball.

If Lafferty was able to play at his best, or near to it, consistently, we would not be talking about him on this forum.

At Ibrox, on those few occasions when he was good, he was very very good, but, on those many, many occasions when he was bad, he was

horrid.

Edited by Uilleam