Keith Jackson - King promised to be accountable but he's ended up invisible

Which totally ignores the fact that it's King isn't doing what he said he would.

He's an experienced business man and should know what can and can't be said. He didn't need to say it. If he now feels it was (yet another) thing that he shouldn't have said then fine, but if that's the case it doesn't fill me with confidence. Can we therefore rely on anything he's saying?

We've been shafted 3 or 4 times over the past few years and therefore we as fans should be demanding more transparency than we would at any other club, or what shareholders would get at any other company.

The "strategic information being splashed out into the open just because the journos need to fill the pages" argument would be something that was used by Whyte and look where that got us.

Out of interest, what isn't transparent that King could be more transparent about? Genuine question as I have absolutely zero business background.

Out of interest, what isn't transparent that King could be more transparent about? Genuine question as I have absolutely zero business background.

I'm not sure what the medium term plans are in a number of areas, such as raising finance, the timing of it etc. What happens if the AGM resolutions continue to fail?

To be honest, I do have some sympathy with the argument that dB puts forward that businesses shouldn't necessarily be open and transparent, but King should know that also and we also have the recent history issue.

I don't have time to expand further at the moment.

Ultimately, DK IS doing what he said he would....this is shown in the annual figures.

He is reducing financial losses etc & ensuring the club is run is a responsible manner. I believe his original statement was about investing up to £30m over 5 years(??), but that may be front loaded if required. Did he make the statement before or after actually gaining control??? From my understanding a lot of money has been plowed into the club in order to rebuild infrastructure etc. The wage bill has also increased, possibly at a quicker rate than income.

The club will generate more income this year from being in the Premiership, this will lead to a higher playing budget for next year. That is the sensible way to run things - don't spend money you don't have!!!

So far, there is nothing to indicate that the club is being run in a reckless, financially unstable or just plain wrong way. IMHO, DK & the rest of the board are doing the job they said they would, and to be quite honest, I would rather leave them too it & concentrate on the football.

I'm not looking for a running commentary but am looking for a better idea of what the next few years holds for the club and what the plans are in a number of areas. It's the sort of thing we would expect from a Chairman.

It seems that because it's a journalist that Is pointing out that King isn't fully meeting the commitment to the fans that he made himself then it doesn't matter.

I don't quite think it's about that - I think we ourselves are able to debate whether he is meeting his commitments or not and do so regularly. I don't think most of us really know what to expect and whether he is worthy of criticism so far.

I think the problem here is that we have a shit stirring journalist using Celtic as an exemplar to show King is "bad", but on scrutiny, the comparison doesn't work. King might be bad, but the article is still invalid.

So are we unhappy with the amount of information coming from the board, and/or unhappy about the amount of investment so far? And finally do we need King to be around more often and be the spokesman?

I personally am not really sure what to think of all three.

So are we unhappy with the amount of information coming from the board,

What information do folk expect/want to hear from the board??

What information regularly comes from other boards - when was the last time you read a quote from the board of your favourite supermarket/shop/retailer/service provider???

and/or unhappy about the amount of investment so far?

I think the level of investment so far has been fine. there was a lot needing doing to the stadium and supporting infrastructure - not all investment went to the playing squad.

As far as we know, the board have FULLY supported the manager & his player recruitment - just look at the number of players that have been brought in since DK took over the reigns.

And finally do we need King to be around more often and be the spokesman?

I personally am not really sure what to think of all three.

We don't need DK around more often.....He is the figurehead of the company, the one who oversee's things at BOARD level. The day-to-day stuff is handled by the CEO & the rest of the board.

I'm not sure what the medium term plans are in a number of areas, such as raising finance, the timing of it etc. What happens if the AGM resolutions continue to fail?

To be honest, I do have some sympathy with the argument that dB puts forward that businesses shouldn't necessarily be open and transparent, but King should know that also and we also have the recent history issue.

I don't have time to expand further at the moment.

While that is all true and we sure expect some more information about the upcoming plans on and off the field, articles like these seem to me more like trying to goad a) King & Co. into a statement that he has no money to spend on the time (right now), or ain't willing to do so, and b) then tell us that King has the aforementioned lack of funds and he's not true to his word. I doubt that Jackson does that "for us".

In any case, when King said that a certain amount is needed to steer us back on course and he himself might be willing to put 30m of his own cash in there, I did not assume that he'd splash 10 or 20odd million in transfer fees or the like. IMHO, it was the money required to get us back in steady waters and to the top within a certain period, 4 or 5 years maybe. With his money not solely spend on the squad, even though this is what interests us most. Once we think about that, we'll probably sure end up with this line of thinking and agree to it - more detailed info or not.

Yet here we have a journo, who sure is clever enough to figure that out too, spinning a yarn about King not being true to his words and willing to give MW the funds required here and now to ... well, what? Win the title? In the first year back in the top flight? Where we - even when playing some mediocre stuff by our standards - are in second place? KJ looks for a rebellious reaction from the legions ... and you wonder his incentives here, selling papers aside.

IMHO, while sure willing to learn more about the board's plans and monetary issues, I am of the opinion that these guys are there working for the best of the club and have the majority of shares too. They won't do any silly stuff in some hidden cabinet like nigh all people that went before them could ... and did. Hence, they'll get my trust despite me not knowing all the fine details.

BTW, it is another matter whether we dearly need to spend that much money right now, even though some improvements would be good. Should we indeed snap up Berinho for 500k, we might end up with a Dembele scenario next season (or another Barton affair, but who is to know that now?). And for all the wishlists out there, there are so many clubs able to outspend us that we need to be rather patient with what we want and what we get, King's money or not.