My take on the Rangers sectarian issue

Guest burnbankblue

Guest burnbankblue

All this Rangers have a sectarian problem nonsense in the mhedia is really getting on my goat. The papers and radio keep going on about Rangers having a problem and highlighting anything they can to get Rangers into trouble. to be honest i dont know another country where the countrys media would actively compaign to get one of there top footballing sides banned from europe and then celebrate if they accomplished their goal. I think the mhedia have to realise most clubs have at least one offensive song which will offend a certain type of person, there are also clubs in which the supporters will fight to the death if they get there chance who will through lit flairs at players attempting to burn them alive. What do Uefa do to these clubs sweet FA, i think UEFA should take a long hard look at itself if its gonna punish rangers it should punish all clubs involved in such activitys even those in the so called european footballing super powers. Rangers should IMO not pay any fines or shut any part of the ground until UEFA show that they are being fair by punishing other clubs involved in similar activities. The mhedia if really worried about sectarianism should highlight Celtics problems as well as rangers and also other clubs in Scotland involved in such singing i have heard the billy boys sang at hearts and kilmarnock why is there no talk of taking points off them? Simple our mhedia have an anti rangers policy and thus Murray should ban those involved from Ibrox for life!

Now we are constantly being told that Religion ahs not part in Football or sport at all. We are told that religion is a personal thing and should stay private - yet any C****c player can bless themselves openly and this is not religion being brought into sport. Indeed it happens all over the world, yet it ok to but they all bleet on about religion out of sport - all bollox.

I would also point out that Britain is a Protestant Christian country. Why the fook is it now wrong to be this in our country. It bheggars belief.

These apologists among the press in Scotland will try there hardest to ensure that Rangers are put to the sword. It is our position though to stand above these idiots and STOP SINGING THE SONGS. If we don't we will get hung by the apologists, the Mhick content in the SFA and the Rome content in Uefa.

Guest Bluetooth

Anyone who watches any Ajaz away game in Holland will witness vile anti semitism of the worst kind.

Apparently they dont have UEFA's 'complaints department' in their address book over there like timothy has.

We all know it's C****c fans that are doing all the complaining and e-mailing the media and UEFA, but the bottom line is WE HAVE TO SELF POLICE, other than that i don't see what else we can do, but we also need SDM to come out and highlight other clubs problems and make everybody aware that we are not the only club with problems

Guest Bluetooth

"Now we are constantly being told that Religion ahs not part in Football or sport at all. We are told that religion is a personal thing and should stay private2

Except of course when ra shellik want to point score and invite an array of religious leaders to an OF game at the piggery.

Those same religious leaders would see a totally different type of sellik fan at their away games.

more spin frome them i'm afraid

The thing is, no matter how biased people are against you, it's hard to defend yourself when you commit the crime.

People biased against us may be our enemies, but our biggest enemies of all to Rangers FC are those who sing the songs, do the chants and do the hand signals.

They are the one's who will cause damage to the club not the detractors.

For example, there is now a newish rule about tackling from behind, a lot of players were against this as they reckoned it emasculated the game. BUT they have to follow the rules or they get yellow carded or sent off and accumulate bans.

Now a team can blame the ref for implementing the rules or the opposition players or supporters that bring attention to the infringement. But the guy who is at fault for the sending off and possible loss of the game, is the player who broke the rules and tackled from behind.

If he does it week in week out, not only will he get lengthy bans but eventually his manager will drop him or sell him or sack him. The fans will also go off him and slag him off.

The same goes for these guys in the crowd. If they can't follow the rules they should be banned and ostracized.

If UEFA ban something else, flags for instance, then again we can grumble about it but we have to follow the rules.

What would you think of a player in your Sunday league team who got sent off every week for swearing at the ref. Would you defend him or tear into him?

We need to stop defending these people who are so anti-Rangers they are hell bent on getting the club banned from Europe. They are worse than the Tims, they are worse than Gerry McNee and yet we welcome them in our midst.

If UEFA ban something else, flags for instance, then again we can grumble about it but we have to follow the rules.

Agree with you, except this quote, there some things you have to fight for, don't think it's the flags anyway, but what's written on them

Ian,

The point calscot is making is that once the rules are set then you have to abide by them.

It was an example of seeing another rule - and then not abiding to it - no matter whether you believe it to be right or not, it is the rule and must be adhered to.

Ian,

The point calscot is making is that once the rules are set then you have to abide by them.

It was an example of seeing another rule - and then not abiding to it - no matter whether you believe it to be right or not, it is the rule and must be adhered to.

Craig, i understand what he's saying mate, what i'm saying is we surely don't accept evry decision without putting up a valid argument, or is this the current times where whatever we're told we just do :sigh: