My take on the Rangers sectarian issue

Guest burnbankblue

Cammy,

There is no defence for the attacks on the fans, but looking at the video evidence even you have to say that there were one or two there who were clearly "up to mischief" and wanted to antagonise the Police.

The singing is a side issue that the mhedia are jumping on thick and fast.

The NEDTASTIC behaviour is an issue that needs to be dealt with aswell and is the main cause of the trouble we are having now, and as I said the singing is the bandwagon that the Mhedia can use to ensure we get royally fooked..

What about the attacks on Rangers fans that aren't on youtube? What about the fans, all official Rangers Travel Club members, attacked prior to the game? Ther fans that were hounded of buses, kept in 'cells' and attacked if they questioned this style of Policing?

What about the further attacks of the official Rangers Travel Club members as they were 'marched' from these cells along a tiny, narrow street where the Police and turned off all street lighting? Any fan stepping out of line was beaten by the Police.

I was speaking to a guy yesterday who helped a lady from Liverpool who was at the game with her young son. Both were beaten by the Police and the lady never actually got into the game as she had a serious of panic attacks. The same guy told of a disabled Rangers fan who was put into a lift to get him to his seat and was LOST. The Police refused his 'helper' access to the lift and refused to look for him when he didn't appear at the game.

Cammy F

What about the attacks on Rangers fans that aren't on youtube? What about the fans, all official Rangers Travel Club members, attacked prior to the game? Ther fans that were hounded of buses, kept in 'cells' and attacked if they questioned this style of Policing?

What about the further attacks of the official Rangers Travel Club members as they were 'marched' from these cells along a tiny, narrow street where the Police and turned off all street lighting? Any fan stepping out of line was beaten by the Police.

I was speaking to a guy yesterday who helped a lady from Liverpool who was at the game with her young son. Both were beaten by the Police and the lady never actually got into the game as she had a serious of panic attacks. The same guy told of a disabled Rangers fan who was put into a lift to get him to his seat and was LOST. The Police refused his 'helper' access to the lift and refused to look for him when he didn't appear at the game.

Cammy F

Spot on cammy. I find it very hard to believe that the media regard fans sings sectarians songs in an empty stadium a far bigger issue (I may add that in no way am i condoning their actions) than our support being brutally battered in the streets of spain. this is a real human rights issue here. i fully expected a major out cry over our fans treatment in the media but all we have been met with is a wall of silence.

to our politicians i vent my disgust and anger. They are a real disgrace. I have yet to hear one stand up and condemn the actions of the spanish police yet they fall over them selves to jump on the sectarian bandwagon. They have comfortably swept the whole issue under the carpet and left the victims hanging out to dry. Jack McConnel himself has stated that "he will wait on the UEFA report" but considering that UEFA have no duristiction outside football stadiums it suggests the jack hasnt really got the gist of the situation on a whole.

As for the SFA, all i can say there is that it is very aptly named. David taylor ignored jim templetons pleas for a meeting after our fans treatment in villareal, which is a real pity as the osasuna situation could have been averted if the spineless bastard would have made an effort to take uefa to task (which jim also tried to do but was met with a wall of silence also). The SFA have a responsibility to represent evey fan in Scotland, not just Rangers fans and they have treated us with nothing but neglect.

To David Murray i feel nothing but dissapointment as yet again he is conspicuous by his absence. Hiding in his Edinburgh bunker no doubt. Plotting his next manouvre out of the media minefield that lies in his path. forget the the sectarian issues that threaten our domain for a second and take our European parliment and the Spanish police head on for the mal treatment of our fans. We are EU citizens and deserve to be treated with the respect that others recieve over here. In fact we dont deserve it, it is our right as EU citizens.

Personally i have had enough of everyone who should be representing us over the whole affair. We the fans should take those to task those whos job it is to defend our human rights. So i will be contacting my local SMP, My local EMP, the first minister, The SFA, and UEFA and will attempt to pressure them into taking action against the spanish police.

i hope you all do the same.

A few guys who go on our bus have taken this to their MP and in his defence, he has sent a letter back stating his disgust at the treatment and has passed their concerns to the Minister for Sport.

I would URGE all Rangers fans who were caught up in this brutal police offensive to contact their MP's as a matter of principle and urgency. I would copy the RST on all letters / emails / sent and any replies you recieve.

I hope that it doesn't take the death of a Rangers fan(s) to get people to act on police brutality and inept segregation on our travels.

Cammy F

Cammy F

You appear to have answered my question by pointing out valid points. The question still remains that the neddish/chavish behaviour of the few will tarnish the many good supporters our dear club has - this is not something I argue. I am argueing that these very same idiots need to get themselves to fook - or grow up. They have brought this down on us again and need to know it is they who are bringing punsihment to our door, not the fans you talk of.