Statement from King

Did the accounts include purchase price?

The purchase price of shares? No. It wouldn't and it wouldn't (shouldn't) be included in King's £30m/£18m either. He's talking about investment in the company/club, and what shareholders pay for shares isn't relevant.

At June 2016, the loans from investors were £10m. This increased to £12.9m by October 2016 and the board said at that point that they would only need a further £0.75 million to see them to the end of the season.

Why is it suddenly £18m? Are the board's forecasts so materially out? Are they incapable of getting a relatively simple cashflow correct?

I think they have included the money they used to buy us , IMHO it's an absolute shambles of a statement and I really hope DK gets ousted Asap , if that is what they meant by the £30 million we are in deep deep trouble .

The purchase price of shares? No. It wouldn't and it wouldn't (shouldn't) be included in King's £30m/£18m either. He's talking about investment in the company/club, and what shareholders pay for shares isn't relevant.

Then as you say his figures simply don't add up.

I think they have included the money they used to buy us , IMHO it's an absolute shambles of a statement and I really hope DK gets ousted Asap , if that is what they meant by the £30 million we are in deep deep trouble .

If he is then it's misleading fans and shareholders. We're a PLC and the Chairman can't start talking about personal investment in shares as if it's an investment in the club. What benefit has the club directly received because King and co paid money to third party shareholders?

Edited by Bluedell

Would the £5 million the was used to repay Ashley be part of the soft loans or something separate , just guessing now .

It had to be included in the £10m. That's talking about the amount received from investors. The fact that it went to repay Ashley wouldn't change the amount that the investors have lent the company.

New (small) statement imminent apparently.

Can't wait , maybe Broxi is going to be installed as the interim manager , he's the only name with any connection to us that's been missed out lol

New (small) statement imminent apparently.

Would this be the statement to which you are referring?

Jim White ‏@JimWhite 14m14 minutes ago

Rangers chairman Dave King tells me Board may consider interim solution following Mark Warburton departure.