Statement from Warburton, Weir and McParland

He was more specifit than that with a witness.

Ie he told me why he was resigning.

In other words, your previous post wasn't complete enough for someone to be able to have full information and make an informed assessment.

All you said was "How do I resign" which is markedly different from the post quoted.

You made it look as if he only asked how you resign and then didn't show up for work - the actual situation was considerably different - which is fair enough :thup:

Not that it matters anyway what happened in one of your previous employs :D

It really is foolish to speculate, with no knowledge of the circumstances and less of the Law.

However, at risk of looking daft, I will say that there appear to be two principal considerations:

1. The resignations on Day 1

2. The attempted withdrawal of said resignations on Day 4.

From what we can tell, the Club feels the initial resignations were valid, bona fide resignations; this position can only be reinforced by the endeavours to renegotiate a position

on Day 4, when, we surmise, the NFFC appointments fell through. One cannot withdraw a resignation, unless one had resigned in the first place.

The period between Day 1 and the Club's statement is surely explained by:-

-the asumption that the resignations would be put in writing

-the need to get agreement from the Board to the conditions requested by the resigners

-the need to take advice on the binding nature of the resignations, and the Club's position in law, esp in the light of the attempted tactical withdrawal

Apart from which, if Rag, Tag, and Bobtail do not wish to work for Rangers, they can fuck right off.

One thing that sticks in my craw, and which we should not forget, is that if the three caballeros best laid plans had not gone agley, somewhere (on The Brian Clough Way, for all I know),

they would have been in charge of Nottingham Forest last weekend, without a single thought for Rangers, Rangers' support, Rangers' staff, or anything whatsoever to do with the Club.

They do appear to have been hoist by their own petard, somewhat ironic for what, in any analysis, were three damp squibs.

It appears to me that MW, as we have noted from his on field tactics, has indulged in his A-typical high stakes gamble and lost again.

BH says he thinks there is a possibility for compensation due to his reading of 'no termination date' in the above example. Personally I would argue against that notion as its clear that MW, DW and FMcP all had somewhere else to go to, which is crucial, therefore not only would it make no sense what so ever for them/their agent to leave the date open but it is highly unusual behaviour in any resignation letter as good practice suggests they have either a specific date or immediate.

From my reading of it and the timeline of events the hasty way in which proceedings were rushed through the processes I would postulate that the Agent approached the club on Monday with a resignation proposal. We don't know if this was a verbal intimation or if this was done through email? If this was a verbal intimation then the fact that Rangers board have said they have an email of this means they requested it after they were approached. If it was in email form from the beginning then its been in writing from the beginning irrespective of verbal resignation being valid or not.

Now because of the nature of the resignation and the speculation surrounding a possible appointment to NFFC then this resignation would be with 'immediate effect' provided the Rangers board agreed with the terms in the resignation email. We know from the poorly written statement that the Rangers board accepted this on Wednesday.

Since subsequently the NFFC deal fell through the Agent then contacts the Rangers board again on Thursday to withdraw the resignation. If this is to be successful it has to be agreed by both parties which we know from the Rangers board released statement that the board decided to keep to the agreement settled on the Wednesday. That's why I think the boards wording of 'with immediate effect' is crucial because this refers to the agreement that took place on what appears to be a deadline of Wednesday for the three Stooges. To be absolutely clear what I'm saying here the 'with immediate effect' was the result of the board decision agreed on Wednesday NOT Friday. What was agreed by the board on Friday was to not accept the withdrawal of resignation.

I do have one concern though, that being that MW statement on behalf of the three Stooges states that they did not resign in person. Even though Uilliam rightly says that you cant withdraw a resignation if you never presented one in the first place it is a possibility that they could argue that since it was the Agent who tabled the resignations then it was a third party which would in all likelihood be found in their favour by a tribunal. It would be up to the Rangers board to present the case that this third party was the interface for ALL contract discussions regarding the three Stooges.

BJ , to this bit - " I do have one concern though, that being that MW statement on behalf of the three Stooges states that they did not resign in person. Even though Uilliam rightly says that you cant withdraw a resignation if you never presented one in the first place it is a possibility that they could argue that since it was the Agent who tabled the resignations then it was a third party which would in all likelihood be found in their favour by a tribunal. It would be up to the Rangers board to present the case that this third party was the interface for ALL contract discussions regarding the three Stooges. "

An agent is more than a third party. He is a person acting with the legal power of his clients.

A third party to me would be like me telling my boss that the guy who worked beside me had handed in his notice and wouldn't be back.

Rangers would have taken full legal advice before announcing Warburton and his pals had resigned. I'm confident they know what they're doing.

In other words, your previous post wasn't complete enough for someone to be able to have full information and make an informed assessment.

All you said was "How do I resign" which is markedly different from the post quoted.

You made it look as if he only asked how you resign and then didn't show up for work - the actual situation was considerably different - which is fair enough :thup:

Not that it matters anyway what happened in one of your previous employs :D

I didnt realise i was testifying in court.