A calm, rational analysis from Richard Wilson

You've not read the accounts but are happy to join Tom English in suggesting we may be hiding legitimate expenses (used or otherwise) within player wages? That's a strange stance to take. Why on earth would our board want to hide such stuff?

FWIW, I've no idea if King travels first class or the price he or his employer negotiates as a frequent flyer but I'd fancy he'll be picking up most (if not all of) the tab. Of course I'd rather he kept the costs to Rangers at a minimum but I would expect his (or any other employee's) expenses to reflect their job's standing.

Why don't you write to him to ask?

I didn't say anything of the sort. I didn't suggest expenses were hidden in wages, though I do know that in terms of players remuneration there is often a fine line between the two. I don't know how Rangers treat directors expenses (if any); but I do think it's a legitimate question for shareholders to ask.

Why do you say "I'd fancy he'll be picking up most (if not all of) the tab" when Craig says it is a legitimate expense.

I am fully aware of the difference between remuneration and expenses even if Mr English is not. I was responding to the comments on here not the accounts or what he may have said or written about them.

Fair enough - my mention on expenses was aimed at English, not you

Thanks for clarifying what constitute legitimate expenses for the Chairman; is your view the same regardless of the amount of time said Chairman might spend here on Club business? As you know some criticism has been levelled at Mr King for just flying in and out (to attend meetings) so to speak. If he is only flying in and out it might be argued that it would be more efficient and cost effective all round to use skype or some other video service.

The amount of time he spends in Scotland is completely irrelevant. If he flies in and out on the same day but is doing so for Club business then it is still a legitimate business expense. If the Board determine that a physical presence be necessary then that is perfectly reasonable. Also (and without knowing the tax legislation in SA - some would argue that neither does Kind :ninja:) there can also be tax consequences and, therefore, reasons for his personal appearances in Scotland, albeit flitting appearances. For example, my Company is based in Bermuda... we have Board members who are US citizens - however, if we ever have any Board meetings which require decisions being made (mind over matter in tax parlance) those Board meetings will always take place in Bermuda. If tax legislation states that you are taxable if your entity's decisions are being made in the host country (South Africa) then it is better to not be present in sad nation. In other words, if the RFC Board are making decisions and King is in South Africa when said decisions are made and attends via Skype or webex then the South African authorities could then tax RFC in SA (If indeed they have such legislation the way the US does - I don't know if they do but it COULD be a legitimate reason for his personal appearance).

I too looked at BA and took a fare that came up in July. Either way we are not far apart, £6,725 - £7,000.

No, we ARE far apart. My fare was a 1st class fare - you stated yours was a business class fare - a very marked difference in price for those two classes.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I didn't suggest expenses were hidden in wages, though I do know that in terms of players remuneration there is often a fine line between the two. I don't know how Rangers treat directors expenses (if any); but I do think it's a legitimate question for shareholders to ask.

Why do you say "I'd fancy he'll be picking up most (if not all of) the tab" when Craig says it is a legitimate expense.

Your efforts on this topic mirror that of Tom English. That says a lot.

I said what I did because I think the chairman seems that sort of person but Craig is also correct.

Again, if you're concerned about expenses and associated sundries, I suggest you write to the chairman as a shareholder and/or the auditors.

I'd accept it was a provocative but I did say "if" and I do think it's a legitimate question.

It really isn't a legitimate question.

He is flying in on Rangers business and that in itself makes it a Rangers expense. How on earth does that make it a legitimate question ?

Because he may not wish RFC to have expenses seeing as they need every penny they can get. I could flip the question and ask "Why isn't he getting remuneration from Rangers when he is working on their behalf" - would you have any interest in that answer though ?

English is another one with a long term agenda. He is the more respectable face of the coven including Ill Phil and the others. His rumour mongering is no more than an attempt to give gravitas to rubbish made up by the fool James or Muirhead.

He is in place to broadcast lies to cause disquiet among the Rangers support and for no other reason.

Exactly, a foreigner and sports commentator with a love of rugby. Who strangely hates only one football club and it's fans, If he was from Dundee, Aberdeen or even Edinburgh i would say it's down purely to sporting rivalry. But him being from Ireland. I'm calling it political.

No, we ARE far apart. My fare was a 1st class fare - you stated yours was a business class fare - a very marked difference in price for those two classes.

I'm more than happy to accept your analysis of the expenses situation but in my experience first class is more expensive than business class which is why I looked at BC, so as not to be accused of upping the anti.

Because he may not wish RFC to have expenses seeing as they need every penny they can get. I could flip the question and ask "Why isn't he getting remuneration from Rangers when he is working on their behalf" - would you have any interest in that answer though ?

NO because I'm happy that the directors are not receiving any remuneration, which is certainly a marked difference from previous regimes.