A calm, rational analysis from Richard Wilson

Unless I am mistaken, only the serial offender Chris McLaughlin is banned from anything Rangers. The BBC Scotland squad simply closed ranks and took on a self-imposed ban on themselves from Rangers. That is when clan-mentality (oh so common among journalists) beats any reasoned debate on the topic. Journalists of any kind all too often and too easily forget that they don't just have rights, but responsibilities too.

I was trying to follow it on Twitter last night. My cursory overview was that English was intimating that King and other Directors (who have stated that they receive no remuneration for their services) may have their costs included (and hidden ) within the playing staff salaries. Could be wrong though, I was trying to watch the Champions League matches at that time!

It would certainly be interesting to know if Rangers pay first lass air fare, hotel costs etc for Mr King's flights from South Africa and if so whether folk on here feel that is an expense that should be borne by Rangers or is a personal expense?

It would certainly be interesting to know if Rangers pay first lass air fare, hotel costs etc for Mr King's flights from South Africa and if so whether folk on here feel that is an expense that should be borne by Rangers or is a personal expense?

Yep, crucial minutiae in the grand scheme of things. Did you stay in the Swallow or the Hilton, Mr Chairman?

Do you agree with English that our independent, audited accounts are fraudulent?

Yep, crucial minutiae in the grand scheme of things. Did you stay in the Swallow or the Hilton, Mr Chairman?

Do you agree with English that our independent, audited accounts are fraudulent?

Business Class with BA is £7,000+ return.

I haven't read our accounts but would very much doubt they are fraudulent in any way. However, as you well know a great deal of detail can be hidden quite legitimately.

We all know what you would believe given your distaste for Dave King.

However, in the business world first class airfare for the Chairman of a public entity is actually the norm. Whether they use that or not is their prerogative. If he is coming to Scotland on Rangers business then Rangers should bear that expense - I have absolutely no doubt about it. He would be doing official club business and the club should meet those expenses. If nothing else you get to see whether the club can stand on its own two feet financially (club pays expenses you see it coming through the financial statements whereas if he pays personally the club never sees the expense and therefore have no idea how much the entity's expenses are being artificially curtailed).

As for English.... expenses aren't remuneration, not when in the normal course of business. English is a muppet.

Shouldnt you find out first before asking.?Youre asking a question that has no answer until you find out If it has any substance.Very naughty.

I haven't read our accounts but would very much doubt they are fraudulent in any way. However, as you well know a great deal of detail can be hidden quite legitimately.

Not sure what website you are using for your calculation but I just did a search on ba.com and got a first class fare from Jo/Burg on a Wednesday with a return on Monday for £6,725 - that was using the highest available prices on those days and for an unrestricted ticket. Your business class fare looks incredibly high, either that or you are looking for an agenda....

Either way, it is a business expense and Rangers SHOULD foot the bill. Given the infrequency of his visits to Scotland you are clearly looking at this with an agenda in mind.

Edited by craig

You've not read the accounts but are happy to join Tom English in suggesting we may be hiding legitimate expenses (used or otherwise) within player wages? That's a strange stance to take. Why on earth would our board want to hide such stuff?

FWIW, I've no idea if King travels first class or the price he or his employer negotiates as a frequent flyer but I'd fancy he'll be picking up most (if not all of) the tab. Of course I'd rather he kept the costs to Rangers at a minimum but I would expect his (or any other employee's) expenses to reflect their job's standing.

Why don't you write to him to ask?

However, in the business world first class airfare for the Chairman of a public entity is actually the norm. Whether they use that or not is their prerogative. If he is coming to Scotland on Rangers business then Rangers should bear that expense - I have absolutely no doubt about it. He would be doing official club business and the club should meet those expenses. If nothing else you get to see whether the club can stand on its own two feet financially (club pays expenses you see it coming through the financial statements whereas if he pays personally the club never sees the expense and therefore have no idea how much the entity's expenses are being artificially curtailed).

As for English.... expenses aren't remuneration, not when in the normal course of business. English is a muppet.

Not sure what website you are using for your calculation but I just did a search on ba.com and got a first class fare from Jo/Burg on a Wednesday with a return on Monday for £6,725 - that was using the highest available prices on those days and for an unrestricted ticket. Your business class fare looks incredibly high, either that or you are looking for an agenda....

Either way, it is a business expense and Rangers SHOULD foot the bill. Given the infrequency of his visits to Scotland you are clearly looking at this with an agenda in mind.

I am fully aware of the difference between remuneration and expenses even if Mr English is not. I was responding to the comments on here not the accounts or what he may have said or written about them.

Thanks for clarifying what constitute legitimate expenses for the Chairman; is your view the same regardless of the amount of time said Chairman might spend here on Club business? As you know some criticism has been levelled at Mr King for just flying in and out (to attend meetings) so to speak. If he is only flying in and out it might be argued that it would be more efficient and cost effective all round to use skype or some other video service.

I too looked at BA and took a fare that came up in July. Either way we are not far apart, £6,725 - £7,000.

English is another one with a long term agenda. He is the more respectable face of the coven including Ill Phil and the others. His rumour mongering is no more than an attempt to give gravitas to rubbish made up by the fool James or Muirhead.

He is in place to broadcast lies to cause disquiet among the Rangers support and for no other reason.