A calm, rational analysis from Richard Wilson

So, you admit to being deliberately provocative as regards our chairman?(very nice of you).

Youre rumour mongering.It does you no favours BH.

OK let me be clear.

I have absolutely no way of knowing if Mr King or any other director charges expenses of any description to Rangers.

But I stand by my opinion that it's a legitimate question.

I'm more than happy to accept your analysis of the expenses situation but in my experience first class is more expensive than business class which is why I looked at BC, so as not to be accused of upping the anti.

Then I believe you are obtaining a price on high demand dates.

For clarity - the price I found at 6,725 was FIRST CLASS, was flying out from Jo'Burg on a Wednesday and back on a Monday (both in March, so fairly close to flight times when flights are generally more expensive) and was also on an unrestricted (most expensive) basis - I also then took the most expensive flight cost to ensure I had the highest possible price.

Your business class fare is extraordinarily expensive. Bermuda is 3,500 miles from London, BA have zero competition and a business class fare is $3,500 whilst 1st class is $9,000 - 7,000 GBP for a business class fare is ridiculous.

NO because I'm happy that the directors are not receiving any remuneration, which is certainly a marked difference from previous regimes.

But you believe that the question of expenses is of interest even though said expenses are RFC expenses ? Or are you suggesting that there may be something nefarious with the expenses ala MP expense scandals of recent years ?

OK let me be clear.

I have absolutely no way of knowing if Mr King or any other director charges expenses of any description to Rangers.

It's only a legitimate question if you believe that there are expenses they are charging which are not Rangers-related.

OK let me be clear.

Am I missing something on this thread? Of all the legitimate questions we could/should be asking at this time, why should this something we/you would focus on BH?

I don't care whether it's personally funded, or costs 1k or 10k. It's utterly irrelevant, unless you can tell me otherwise.

I'm not rating our board or chairman based on their expenses. I'm rating them and want us to hold them to account based on how well they do in appointing a new manager and finding ways to secure th necessary investment in the club.

I can understand why trouble-making and attention seeking journalists write about this type of thing, but why you?

Edited by Gaffer

Unless I am mistaken, only the serial offender Chris McLaughlin is banned from anything Rangers. The BBC Scotland squad simply closed ranks and took on a self-imposed ban on themselves from Rangers. That is when clan-mentality (oh so common among journalists) beats any reasoned debate on the topic. Journalists of any kind all too often and too easily forget that they don't just have rights, but responsibilities too.

IRRC nobody from the BBC is banned from Ibrox even McLaughlin,it's just that Rangers have declined to afford McLaughlin journalistic privileges.

Shouldnt you find out first before asking.?Youre asking a question that has no answer until you find out If it has any substance.Very naughty.

He knows full well what he's doing, there's a constant recurring theme where he'll jump into bed with anyone who shares his views no matter how great an enemy of Rangers they are. It just so happens like English he shares a well documented hatred of Dave King. See Nil By mouth thread, preference of Llambias and Leech etc. for other examples.