4. New

5. New

6. Kranjcar

7. New

8. New

9. New

10. New

11. McKay

I don't rate Hodson at all and I doubt if Krajncar will ever be really fit enough again.

I'd just love us to try a setup that works for our players and to their strengths. Tav and Wallace are great wing backs so we should use them as such. McKay is really creative and has a wicked shot so he should be place central where he can hurt teams. Kiernan is actually ok but he needs someone strong next to him.

So, next year I'd like us to play 4-2-3-1

With the ball we would have 3 at the back (2 x centre backs and a holding midfielder) and two wing backs. Then we'd have a narrow front three with McKay behind, playing the number 10 role, which is what he's ideally suited for.

Foderingham

Tav and Wallace as the wing backs

Kiernan and another in central defence

Rossiter as holding midfielder with Holt as central midfield

Then McKay in the 10 role behind waghorn

And windass and Dodoo or o'hall in the wider front positions

We've almost got the players to try this now but without that holding midfielder it's not going to work. We could do worse than to try Kiernan in that position. I'll probably get stick for suggesting it, but he is technically pretty sound and despite what I've seen suggested on here, he's decent at holding his position. He'd just need to concentrate more and pick up runners.

I suppose this is all pie in the sky but my criticism of Smith was when he played players out of position. For me McKay is a great example of how to turn an effective player into a bit part player. He's the ideal 10. I wish we'd play him as that. So, Murty if you're reading this just give him a go. If it goes well you can buy me a pint. If not, it was Frankie's idea.

The boy Kerr from Dundee has impressed me twice now I would take a further look at him against other teams.

Something that always depressed me Pete. I've seen at least a dozen players playing against us in the past couple of years that impressed and would obviously benefit from what we're assured is a more professional set up.

I think back to the late 60's when we would simply have bought any player who looked good against us.

Something that always depressed me Pete. I've seen at least a dozen players playing against us in the past couple of years that impressed and would obviously benefit from what we're assured is a more professional set up.

I think back to the late 60's when we would simply have bought any player who looked good against us.

That is why I would like to see him against other teams. I think you only have to go back to O'Halloran to see a player bought because he played good against us.

WE'd take the entire Hearts side on that basis.