In all honesty

Lets say we get the managers position settled just how many of the present squad would you like to see retained .

Nearly impossible to say for certain...we don't know how the players will react to new coach etc.

I maintain that there is a decent team there, It's getting them to show it on a consistent basis thats the problem.

We don't have the money to buy 10 or 12 players of a significantly higher quality than we have at the moment so it's less a case of who we'd like retained and more a case of who we can off the books/get money for.

FWIW, I think the current squad would look a very different beast with some dynamism and drive in midfield and somebody who could find the net without a fuqing satnav.

Unfortunetly,most will be staying----whether we like it or not.What club will pay them pro-rata what we are?

The true question is ---How many can we ship out?Perhaps the bold marky will take a few when he gets the next mug to employ him and his cohorts.

Aye; if we pay him.

Nearly impossible to say for certain...we don't know how the players will react to new coach etc.

I maintain that there is a decent team there, It's getting them to show it on a consistent basis thats the problem.

I too think there is a decent team in there but they're just not playing to their capabilities often enough. It's difficult to see how this can be turned around but we're still in the driving seat for a Euro spot and it has to be turned around somehow. They're so unpredictable it still wouldn't me surprise me if they get one good result then go on a run. We need an interim manager quickly if indeed interim is what we're looking for at this point.

It would appear obvious McLeish fits the bill and would be ready to step in even if just till the end of the season when if he wants he can throw his hat in the ring with the other contenders. De Boer is apparently interested but not till the end of the season and presumably he knows about the current financial woes but is still expressing interest. It's not all about money for some people and I would guess De Boer already has enough to last several lifetimes.

Can't fathom how Dodoo looks like a finisher when he has hardly played and when he has got game time I can honestly say I was not overly enamored to watch him when he did.

Too many of our younger players like Hardie are out on loan but might have been able to step up given the chance but then again were not within Warburton's tunnel vision on signing.

I think it's a case of changing half a dozen at most. And the spine is most important. Two good Centre Half's, two good midfielders and two good forwards. Tav out, Hodson in. Hyndman out Kranjcar in.

Then top up with another one or two quality players in January.