Goal-line technology

It's not going to happen anytime soon in Scotland, Scottish football can't afford goal line technology.

I heard later that there is in fact only one in the Netherlands. The first half of the season it was placed in the Amsterdam Arena (Ajax) and in the second part of the season ït is in the Kuip (Feynoord) No other ground has it yet. It seemingly costs 350.000 euro's and tens of thousands operating costs every time it is used. There are 14 cameras hanging spread over the two halves and they make a 360 degree photo of the goals.

Goal line technology has ben in use in the English Premier League for a wee while now, and seems to work really well. There hasn't been an incident that I've seen where it seemed to get the wrong decision and allows the ref to make an instant call and it has helped the game.

They are looking to introduce it in the English Championship as well but I believe it's not going to be the same system as the EPL. Perhaps a cheaper version?

Watching EFL Cup final today Southampton to me had a perfectly good goal chalked off so it could have been of use there.

Goal line technology would have helped in that instance.

From the looks of it, the technology did its job. Foolish mistake by the goalie. The full ball has to cross the (or any) line to award that decision and the goalie probaby was only aware of the surrounding players and tried to protect the ball.

Given the amount of far more scandalous, real goals not being given, my vote would go for goal-line technology instantly.

Personally, I think that there are 2 options....

1. Accept that refs are human, and makes mistakes & are relying on split second timing to make a decision.

or

2. Give them access to ALL available technologies in order to ensure that as much as physically possible, the correct decision is made.

In this case, the video evidence clearly supports the technology, and highlights something that the ref & linesmen clearly missed.

An incident like this for Rangers would have Superscoreboard in the melt down for weeks!!!

Personally, I think that there are 2 options....

1. Accept that refs are human, and makes mistakes & are relying on split second timing to make a decision.

or

2. Give them access to ALL available technologies in order to ensure that as much as physically possible, the correct decision is made.

In this case, the video evidence clearly supports the technology, and highlights something that the ref & linesmen clearly missed.

An incident like this for Rangers would have Superscoreboard in the melt down for weeks!!!

One thing it did was cut out all the pulling and pushing on the referee as he just pointed to his watch and said look it gave on that the ball had crossed the line.