And so to the next game in the group of death, being five points in front of Italy it's now a must win game for them, we are on a roll no doubt about that, and full of confidence and have a wee bit of a cushion over Italy and are not expected to get anything out of this match but with the mentality we have just now, why can't we go there and get a draw?, again it's a big ask but we go there knowing even a defeat is going to keep us two points in front of them which just might make the difference and should keep the pressure on them and allow us to go into the game with confidence, all in all we have a fighting chance and at the end of the day if we get beat then that's what everybody expects, but a backs to the wall fighting draw will be a tremendous result and set us up for qualification, famous last words, kiss of death, well whatever the outcome i'm looking forward to this game and somehow i think the players are looking forward to it, so you just never know

Italian boss Roberto Donadoni knows his side face a tough task against Scotland on Wednesday.

The Scots, top of Group B following victory over Georgia on Saturday, are five points clear of Italy.

With France and Ukraine also ahead of them, Italy realise three points in Bari is a must.

"On Wednesday we must beat Scotland, absolutely," Donadoni told Gazzetta dello Sport having been in Glasgow to see Scotland's win.

"We will try to manage the game and there is nothing I've seen here that makes me want to change my tactics for the match. Scotland are a tough side, with a quality midfielder with a player like Ferguson.

"They are a very physical side with some quality.

"I did not see one particular player who stood out, but they are a well put-together outfit that perfectly reflect the Anglo-Saxon philosophy of football. They never give in.

"We must be wary not to give too much space to their strikers, as Kenny Miller has real pace and Kris Boyd gives the team depth."

We've got them running scared already :D

We need to take confidence that Celtic matched AC Milan for 180 mins and we pretty much matched Inter Milan last year.

Its an illusion that Italy are all mighty. They didnt over impress at the world cup, i just think they have a mentality to win a tourament every so often and it was there turn last year.

They dont really play at pace - something that will suit us.

McLeish baffles us against lower opposition (for Rangers) but he seemed to get it right it away big european games so im pretty confident he can get the team right.

Beating Georgia was a massive result. We needed at least 3 pts from these games as 2 draws or 1 point would have knocked the stuffing out of us. So we can afford to relax a bit.

We dont need to play 5 at the back now but I wouldnt mind us setting our stall out for a draw. After all qualification is the main target and we would all take a point in Bari.

Pressley being back is a boost IMO as he always does well for Scotland.

We need energy in the midfield to put tackles in and frustrated the Italians.

Scott Brown has to play after what ive read from when he came on. I dont know if id go 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 yet as packing the midfield is a must to frustrate them.

C'mon the Scots, a boring, dull, shitty 0-0 will suit me :thup:

Brown's half hour on Saturday was excellent. He added pace and a bitof heart as well as a decent amount of skill. Able to beat a player and then get his pass away. Teale was pretty hopeless so I think a straight swap is called for. I wouldn't bring Pressley back in purely because weir and McManus did well on Saturday. If we're going to have one up, as looks likely, I would have Beattie as he is a smidgeon more clinical than Miller and Miller's confidence looks shot. Beattie will be buzzing after his goal. I would also bring Dailly in as a holding midfielder behind ferguson and Hartley.

I think we have as good a chance as we have ever had at getting a result in Bari. Even if we don't we will have played every team, including Italy and Ukraine AWAY and be sitting top of the group. hat in itself is something to be proud of.

Mon the Scotland!!

Not sure if id bring Dailly in Juff but its a possiblilty as the other option is Severin. but Id play Beattie if it is a 1 man upfront as he has pace and his confidence will be high.

Id play:

_________________Gordon________________

McNamara____Pressely____Weir_____Naysmith

Burke___Brown___Ferguson__Hartley___McCulloch

________________Beattie_________________

Or

_______________Gordon_______________

McNamara___Pressley___Weir____Naysmith

Brown____Hartley___Ferguson___McCulloch

___________________Maloney__________

_____________Beattie_________________

Brown must start, what a difference he made when he came on. Italy are in no great shapes at the moment although they are far superior to Scotland. It'll be a hard game and as long as we can keep it tight for the 1st half hour we'll have a chance.

According to Ceefax, Boyd will be dropped to the bench. Can't say I'm surprised if I'm honest.

I'd play Ferguson as the holding man in midfield because Brown and Hartley tend to score more goals for their club. Well Hartley did before he moved to Celtic. I like Gribz's 1st team, I'd go with that with the exception of McNamara. I'd keep Alexander in the team. :thup:

I don't think Eck will change much from the team that won on Saturday TBH, i think Brown will come in for Teale,Miller will be up on his own, i know Pressley is available but IMO Mcmanus did well

It must be very tempting to go over there and have a real go at them, i mean imagine if we scored first, i don't think they could handle that, but the one thing in our favour is the pace they play at will help us

You have to play Boyd, yes he may be lazy but he will put the ball in the back of the net for you

_________________Gordon________________

Alexander____Pressely____Weir_____Naysmith

Burke___Brown___Ferguson__Hartley___McCulloch

________________Boyd_________________