Well, 2-0 Italy, IMO we were outclassed by the world champions, pure and simple, but i'll tell you this we have came on leaps and bounds and i'm proud of our team tonight,nobody expected us to win and there's not many teams in the world will go there and get a result so for me it's still game on, we have never beat Italy away but they have never beat us at home, so for me it's status quo,not the band, as long as we keep going the way we are then we have a wee chance of qualifying, win our next two games, which we should, and we're back in the game, C'mon Scotland.

The guy's played their hearts out but did lack that bit of class. Italy looked to have 2 extra players in the second half. It is now most important to win our home games plus the easy away ones.

We cant complain about losing to the world champions, a lot of sides would have went there and got heavier defeats.

I hope Teale isnt going to feature too much as he is a bit of a weak link. But we do have Fletcher, McFadden and Quashie all to come back into that midfield but they all wont be guarenteed a start after Brown and McCullochs performances and ability. But we have a strong midfield and thats a good sign.

We are still in the thick of it. We have Faroes away then Lithuania at home next and we should be taking 6 points from that 2 games. If we do then its all to play for.

Remaining games:

Faroes (away)

Lithuania (Home)

France (away)

Ukraine (home)

Georgia (away)

Italy (home)

Didn't think Italy looked all that clever to be honest, thought reports on them being poor prior to the game were over the top but I wasn't all that impressed by them. Hardly troubled us first half apart from the sloppy goal we conceded.

Was however encouraged by some of the Scotland players performances, performances which bode well for the future.

With Scott Brown, Paul Hartley, Barry Ferguson, Darren Fletcher, Nigel Quashie, Shaun Maloney and Chris Burke we have the potential there for a right good midfield.

Thought Barry and Scott dovetailed well in the midfield but that Hartley wasn't suited to his deeper role. Alexander and Naysmith were willing full backs but lack that little bit of class....perhaps Hutton and Smith in those roles in the future?? Craig Gordon made couple of good saves and is the undisputed no 1 for Scotland in my books. Kenny Miller worked his socks off but his first touch was abysmal at times and never looked like getting on the end of anything. Maloney looked lively when he came on.

So in a year or two could the Scotland team be..in 4-5-1 formation -

Gordon

Hutton

McManus

Anderson

Smith

Burke

Brown

Ferguson

Hartley

Maloney

Boyd

Now thats a team with a not bad look about it.

Malky

It's an good team until you reach Boyd who can't play upfront hiomself. We're as weel playing with 10 men!

Teale and McCulloch are absolutely rotten. I hope to fook we don't sign McCulloch in the summer. He was shit last night.

We have to play 2 upfront.

I really hope Teale isnt going to be a regular in the team. Big Eck always liked a bad egg in the Gers team, i hope this isnt his Scotland version.

Malkys midfield is fine but id have Fletcher in the team and probably McFadden ahead of Maloney.

Thought Hartley was very poor last night and on saturday. I'm beginning to be glad we didn't get him. Haven't been impressed so far. I'd but Fletcher straight back in ahead of him. Scot Brown deserves to keep his place, but I agree with the above, I wouldn't have McCulloch or Teale anywhere near the team

If we play 4-5-1 with Miller or Beattie up we're essentially playing for 0-0, there is basically no chance of any better. So if we do concede early we're fucked.

Don't see the point in playing dull defensive football lookin for the 0-0 and going down by a couple like last time.

:rolleyes:

Ok so we were slightly more attacking than expected. Very slightly.

But another one I should have ahd a bet on, but could never bring myself to do that.

We should never play 1 up as we don't have a single player who can do that. Boyd can't but Miller is just as bad but for different reasons.

Play to our strengths 2 up every time. Probably Boyd and Beattie atm although McFadden is back soon.

As Isaid better to get beat having a go then not trying. I gues to some extent we did that, but with that formation and personnel it was never going to work.