You have to play Boyd, yes he may be lazy but he will put the ball in the back of the net for you

He can't hold the ball up though Fraser. We need that if we want to put Italy under any kind of pressure. Boyd will always lose the ball as he can't control it.

He can't hold the ball up though Fraser. We need that if we want to put Italy under any kind of pressure. Boyd will always lose the ball as he can't control it.

Exactly. His first touch outside the box is usually a thirty yard pass to the opposition. Beattie also has the pace to run onto through balls assuming his paper hamstrings are up to it. He'll harass the defence and track back when needed. Boyd just doesn't do that. Yes, he is the most likely to snatch us a goal, but 0-0 is the most realisticscore to play for.

Saw Rino on Sky Sports and he is saying he was unhappy that Wattie left the job to go back to Rangers as he wanted to see him.... when he signs for us in the summer he will see plenty of him ;-)

Anyway he said we would be getting no favours.

Yeah agreed and if we play 1 upfront Boyd has proved with us many a time he cant play that role himself.

If it was a flat 4-4-2 then yes he could play but I think we need 4 or 5 in midfield, if its 4 then we need a player to play behind a pacey frontman IMO

Pretty certain it'll be a 4-5-1. Think Pressley and Brown will come in and Boyd and McManus will drop out.

----------------Gordon-------

Alexander----Weir---Pressley---Naysmith

Teale---Brown---Ferguson---Hartley----McCulloch

----------------Miller------------------

There is no way Boyd will be the 1, he couldn't hold up Tesco's with a shotgun

I would play Boyd, go 4-4-2, Beattie in for Miller who frankly is never a footballer.

Boyd may not "hold the ball up". But like fuck do Beattie or Miller. Are you guys mistaking holding the ball up with running harder and faster when we don't have it? As that is all these two offer more than Boyd. Miller's touch is not great either to be honest and as an attacking threat he is non-existent.

If we play 4-5-1 with Miller or Beattie up we're essentially playing for 0-0, there is basically no chance of any better. So if we do concede early we're fucked.

I think, with the fact that we were never expected to go away to the World Champ's and get anything, and that is still the case, we should "go for it".

Like I say 4-4-2 and have a go. Keep it tight for half an hour and see if we can get Boyd a chance. Over the course of 90 minutes even we can create a couple of chances v them. And if we make a decent one for Boyd he can nick a goal. Who knows then, a goal offers us a chance of at least a draw.

Don't see the point in playing dull defensice football lookin for the 0-0 and going down by a couple like last time.

Its a no lose situation so lets go out there and try and take something from this.

Only other change I would make is Brown in for Teale, unless there is more than just Pressley (who would not play for me) back from suspension/injury.

I definitely think we will start 4-5-1 with miller up front.

I would love as Ally says to go there and have a go at them but i think we will try to hold it tight from the start and go out for 0-0 and hope for a breakaway goal.

Brown must start as he was a breath of fresh air on Saturday.

We must keep it tight but not so tight as to go and sit on our 18yard box. We must form some sort of danger otherwise they can put extra players from the defence into the midfield, and our lone striker will be isolated, and we will be camped on our 18 for a nail-biting 90mins

Agree with everything that Super Ally says. I'd love to see us go there and go for it, just be in their faces every area of the park and no time to rest.

Sadly, I cant see it though but do hope we can defend well enough for a draw.

In der Bild(German newspaper) today Franz Beckenbaur said the Germans were the strongest in europe at the moment and named his top 10 at this moment.

Number 5 will shock a few people south of the border and he asks,

English, jealous?:D

To see his top 10 click on the link and go to the column:

MEHR zum Thema

Die 10 st�¤rksten Teams in Europa

You can then go forward or back with Zuruck or Vor

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/sport/2007/03/26/franz-exklusiv/europas-nummer-eins.html

To be fair,Eck is in a bit of a predicament,nobody expects us to win, we don't need to win, but IMO we should have a go at them as we'll never have a better opportunity to do so, if we sit back then that will suit Italy as they can be very patient, we aren't good enough to sit and hold on to anything, our style is up and at them, if Eck decides to sit in then for me there is no place for Boyd, if he decides to go for it then Boyd should play as he is our main goal threat, IMO we should go for it and see what they are made of, imagine if we scored first, how would they react, personally i think they would shit it, GO FOR IT ECK.....!!!!!!!