"We're not in a crisis" - Stewart Roberson

Oh come on admin, can we remove the S.P.I.V.S. asterisks please!

If you're prepared to pay the legal bills then fine. If not, we'll keep it thanks.

Unfortunately this forum remains monitored by various people and I'm not prepared to risk the well-being of myself, my fellow admin and any user over certain words.

Edited by Frankie

The wrong decision now could be the final nail in the coffin. The only thing that has kept the club going is the fans. If the board do something stupid like go with Mcleish it could have massive negative ramifications and risk the ability of the club to continue. For me this crossroads is that important.

If you're prepared to pay the legal bills then fine. If not, we'll keep it thanks.

Unfortunately this forum remains monitored by various people and I'm not prepared to risk the well-being of myself, my fellow admin and any user over certain words.

To be fair, I comparison to other sites I have had a look at, it's the only word I have seen asterisk out? I have been on a few "four letter jollys" that would not have been accepted anywhere else.

In contrast it's quite liberal on here(I'm not complaining and neither is my borderline tourets lol).

On the subject of crisis, in a boardroom/management context I would say yes, the body language of the team tells me all but two or three know they are for the high jump so yes, however in our history it's a no as we have been in worse situations, however I would argue if this is a crisis what happened in 2012/2013 was the footballing equivalent of Butch Cassidy, The Sundance Kid and all their mates, taking a shit on the carpet before wrecking the joint and filling their pockets on the way out!!

I also agree with dB re tainted titles. They will always be asterisked and the mhanks will always be reminded we were not in the league(seems their memory is duely selective) to compete.

Edited by cooponthewing

To try to deny we are in crisis, 33 points behind the bheasts, now played 4 games with an under 20's coach in charge, a completely split and broken board, a Chairman who wants to make every big decision but doesnt answer calls for 3/4 days at a time, a MD who is a complete patsy and doesnt make ANY decisions at all, and a squad of players that mostly need moved on, is the biggest head in the sand claim i've seen on here in a while Gaffer!

The only difference between now and the ****s is that all our Directors are at least trying to move us forward, and they are not stealing from us (the opposite in fact). I for one am eternally thankful that they got rid of the ****s from our boardroom, and pumped a significant sum of money into the club to help us on our way back, but to say we are not in a crisis period belongs to the flat earth society.

TB: you should apply for a position in the tabloids with sensationalist and unsubstantiated statements like that about the board.

Having just experienced our club going through a real crisis over the past few years, I'd expect all bears to put this current issue in perspective. We are not good enough to win the title this year and we were never going to be. Our objective was to get second place and although that looks in some doubt, we still have a great chance of achieving that. We have a decent squad of players who are in need of guidance and management, and as far as I can tell from statements made, the board is doing that.

I expect us to get back to the top eventually, but to think it's going to happen in the next couple of seasons is thinking that belongs to your aforementioned society. How many points behind them is close enough for it not to be considered a crisis? 2, 3, 5, 10? You may find that we are in "crisis" for another year if your expectations are unrealistic.

As a support we need to hold this board to account and push for progress, but we also need to be sensible and pragmatic too. It's hard when we have so much emotion tied up in our club, but anything else creates a negativity that isn't helpful at all.

I'll admit I am naturally optimistic, but I really don't see the world as bleakly as you do. I feel we've lost 6 months with this setback over MW but after what we've just endured for years I can accept that. For your own sanity I hope you can too.

While I have the greatest respect for those running this great site, the threat of legal action for using the word S.p.i.v.s. was only in play when they were going to use Rangers money to threaten you with. There is no way in hell they are going to go legal over a term used to describe them when they were in charge.

But it's not my neck/cash on the line!!

I think we would all agree that 2012 was not just a crisis but a catastrophe, the current situation is neither. The realistic target for this season was a Europa league spot and that's still eminently doable despite inconsistent results. Probably more accurate to describe the current state of affairs as a blip on the radar of our hopes and expectations.

First season back in the SPL after the catastrophe of 2012 mistakes have been made which can and will be rectified. At the end of the day we have fans in the boardroom who are every bit as eager as we are to get us back to our rightful position. It could and has been a lot worse in recent times. I'm disappointed but not concerned about the long term. I'm always disappointed when we're not the dominant force but I know we can and will be again.

At the end of the day opinion matters nothing. It's frankies decision and he has shared his reasoning so there can be no real complaints. It's a very minor inconvenience. We all know what they are and how we feel about them and if they ever raise their heads above the parapet in relations to the gers we will chase them out of town once again

While I have the greatest respect for those running this great site, the threat of legal action for using the word S.p.i.v.s. was only in play when they were going to use Rangers money to threaten you with. There is no way in hell they are going to go legal over a term used to describe them when they were in charge.

But it's not my neck/cash on the line!!

But it is Frankie's, Bluedell's. pete's, Rousseau's and mine on the line - so I am sure you can appreciate the conservatism.

For the sake of one word, and we all know what word you are using even when asterisked, I am sure you can come to terms with it :D:thup:

Edited by craig

But it is Frankie's, Bluedell's. pete's, Rousseau's and mine on the line - so I am sure you can appreciate the conservatism.

For the sake of one word, and we all know what word you are using even when asterisked, I am sure you can come to terms with it :D:thup:

Thankfully they don't merit too many mentions anymore, so like you say, considering the alternative, I'm sure I can speak for a lot of Gersnetters when I say we can live with it!