"We're not in a crisis" - Stewart Roberson

I agree with him. We're not in a crisis. We were before King and co took over, but now we're on the way back. And yes we've had a terrible run of results but it's hardly a crisis. I think we will all feel frustrated and angry at the gap between ourselves and :them: but that's not the fault of anyone still at the club. We now just need to continue the rebuilding of the club and we all knew it would take time. Didn't we!?!?

We I my lifetime have never been so far behind of course we are in crisis and if this man thinks everything is fine then he should go as well

48586871336cd58d105385f097fb0a9f_zpsnkdjuxvp.jpg

... remember 2012/13. We were de facto three leagues behind them. At the end of the day, in 5 years time, the record books will show that they won another tainted title and hardly anyone cares by what margin. And if a Yahoo boasts about it, you can just as easily remind him that he sat on a well trained horse while the rest of Scotland walked on crutches, half-blind and hands tied behind their backs. Some achievement that. I remember how even our own denied the achievement that we marched through League 2 unbeaten. This is very similar indeed.

I agree with him. We're not in a crisis. We were before King and co took over, but now we're on the way back. And yes we've had a terrible run of results but it's hardly a crisis. I think we will all feel frustrated and angry at the gap between ourselves and :them: but that's not the fault of anyone still at the club. We now just need to continue the rebuilding of the club and we all knew it would take time. Didn't we!?!?

To try to deny we are in crisis, 33 points behind the bheasts, now played 4 games with an under 20's coach in charge, a completely split and broken board, a Chairman who wants to make every big decision but doesnt answer calls for 3/4 days at a time, a MD who is a complete patsy and doesnt make ANY decisions at all, and a squad of players that mostly need moved on, is the biggest head in the sand claim i've seen on here in a while Gaffer!

The only difference between now and the ****s is that all our Directors are at least trying to move us forward, and they are not stealing from us (the opposite in fact). I for one am eternally thankful that they got rid of the ****s from our boardroom, and pumped a significant sum of money into the club to help us on our way back, but to say we are not in a crisis period belongs to the flat earth society.

To try to deny we are in crisis, 33 points behind the bheasts, now played 4 games with an under 20's coach in charge, a completely split and broken board, a Chairman who wants to make every big decision but doesnt answer calls for 3/4 days at a time, a MD who is a complete patsy and doesnt make ANY decisions at all, and a squad of players that mostly need moved on, is the biggest head in the sand claim i've seen on here in a while Gaffer!

The only difference between now and the ****s is that all our Directors are at least trying to move us forward, and they are not stealing from us (the opposite in fact). I for one am eternally thankful that they got rid of the ****s from our boardroom, and pumped a significant sum of money into the club to help us on our way back, but to say we are not in a crisis period belongs to the flat earth society.

I'd generally agree with the points that you highlight, but I'm struggling to call it a crisis after all the shit we've been through over the past 7 years. We have been in such worse positions that we are now.

Perhaps it's semantics over the use of one word and it doesn't take away from the board room problems that need addressed but we have people in charge who want the best for us and that's reassuring, even though they quite rightly deserve some criticism.

Oh, and I'd agree over sp!vs. The need for it to be asterisked has now gone, in my opinion.

"Crisis" is just another word, like "shambles" overused, lazily and, ultimately, almost bereft of meaning.

Tabloid speak, or, nowadays, clickbait: cynical overstatements to attract interest.

The situation, I concede, is poor, but it is at least as far from critical, as it is from optimal.

Edited by Uilleam

... Perhaps it's semantics over the use of one word ...

It is quite disappointing that modern speech is filled with a rather lose use of superlatives. How many "worst ever"-s have we had this season alone?

worst (adj.)

Old English wyrresta, from Proto-Germanic *wers-ista- (source also of Old Saxon wirsista, Old Norse verstr, Old Frisian wersta, Old High German wirsisto), superlative of PIE *wers- (1) "to confuse, mix up" (see war (n.)). Phrase in the worst way (1839) is from American English sense of "most severely." The adverb is Old English wyrst; the noun, "that which is most evil or bad," is from late 14c.

You would hope people would be more heedful in the use of their vocabulary.