Ashley to make bid

As much as I don't like the way he runs his companies you have to hand it to him he is a shrewd big bugger if there is any truth in this and remember the old saying , there' no smoke without fire our board had better be on their toes .

And let me ask this question say he did take over will you still be buying season books and giving your support , anyway its maybe a story to sell more papers .

This is a non story. He would own Rangers by now had it not been for the SFA rejecting his efforts to buy more shares. The rules on dule ownership in the championship are far more stringent than in the premier league. He would not be allowed.

It's typical DR raking up shite to unsettle us when we appear to be securing a new manager! Was it not the DR that interviewed Lambias last week?

Other than report properly on our 6-0 win they stir up this garbage!

The story comes from the records sister paper who have links with Newcastle . A paper who clearly are willing to publish lies. Dual ownership is not allowed as the story states and Rangers fans don't hate him because of zero hour contracts. We hate him because he's a conman. Also for a takeover to happen someone would need to sell him shares, a fact that is nicely ignored .

Guessing but would be my opinion that negotiations are underway between King and Ashley and its became clear to Ashley's side that King will not be moved or bought so they are trying to undermine his position to advance their own negotiating position.

I wish the board had just bought the sports direct contracts out from the get go. Would be worth paying < £10m to rip the merchandising deals up. Should be an aim of fans groups to get a number on the table then take it from there.

The story comes from the records sister paper who have links with Newcastle . A paper who clearly are willing to publish lies. Dual ownership is not allowed as the story states and Rangers fans don't hate him because of zero hour contracts. We hate him because he's a conman. Also for a takeover to happen someone would need to sell him shares, a fact that is nicely ignored .

Guessing but would be my opinion that negotiations are underway between King and Ashley and its became clear to Ashley's side that King will not be moved or bought so they are trying to undermine his position to advance their own negotiating position.

I wish the board had just bought the sports direct contracts out from the get go. Would be worth paying < £10m to rip the merchandising deals up. Should be an aim of fans groups to get a number on the table then take it from there.

A sister paper who took the story from lies spread by Ill Phil and the fool JJ.

It is a complete load of nonsense.

How can Ashley "seize control" ? Unless shares are sold to him by current shareholders he can't "seize" anything.

Another non-story designed to try to sell more copies of their rag.

The shareholder information site at Rangers is apparently somewhat out of date, given the amount of shares listed for Rangers First. Anyone got a more up to date one?

Major Shareholding (3% or above):

The Company understands that its major shareholders are as follows:

Shareholder No of Ordinary Shares held % of issued share capital

New Oasis Asset Limited 11,869,505 14.57%

George Alexander Taylor 7,575,000 9.30%

Mash Holdings Limited 7,265,000 8.92%

Alexander Easdale 5,256,110 6.45%

Douglas Park 5,000,000 6.14%

River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP 4,704,827 5.77%

George Letham 3,299,515 4.05%

Rangers First 2014 CIC 2,865,487 3.52%

Currently, 30.72% of the Company’s Ordinary Shares are not in public hands. The Ordinary Shares are freely transferable and no Ordinary Shares are held in treasury.

Currently 8,500,000 of the Company’s Ordinary Shares (c. 10.4%) are subject to restrictions affecting the right to vote the affected shares, the right to receive payments or distributions in respect of the affected shares and the right to transfer the affected shares.

https://rangers.co.uk/club/investor-centre/share-information/

The good guys from above (all but Mash, Easdale and River & Mercantile) amount to some 40% (assuming Rangers First has the 6% mentioned elseweher). Anyone knows where R&M sits? And where Mash & Easdale (roughly 15%) get the other 15% required from?

I remember something from the Retard being posted here a month or two ago and we were guessing why they ran it. My guess was that it was a precursor to a story re Ashley trying to take us over. Their agenda (probably taken straight from a Tim blogger) is clear and will no doubt get the Davie Provan seal of approval in the Express or whatever rag prints the drivel in his name.

Contrary to an earlier poster's comment, I do hate Ashley for, zero bid contracts. One only if the many things I hate him for, certainly, but an indicative one re his character.

Edited by SteveC