RangersFC has today confirmed Pedro

Can we put this shit to bed about 60 applicants??!! The bookies couldn't even come up with 20 without including the likes of Owen Coyle and Malky McKay. I will make it easy for you. Tell me 15 better candidates (which is half of the 30 you reckon you could produce).

Did someone at our club not say we had received around 60 applications as some sort of justification as to how big a task it was and therefore why it was taking so long? Robertson I think?

I invited Tannochsidebear to come up with one realistic option with a better CV than Pedro and I'm still waiting. Pedro's three year contract will be up before he can list 15!!!!

I'm sorry, we are not all gaffers gaffer! See my previous post, the list of 60 was, if I recall correctly, the number given out in a club interview to justify the ridiculously long time it took them to get the job done. I dont pass myself off as some sort of footballing manager expert, nor qualified to be a Rangers director, so thankfully the task of knowing who we should select, and who is available, is not my job. Show me the list of applicants and I will pick you out plenty that appeal to me more than this guy.

His CV, and footballing journey to date, is entirely unconvincing. He took over a side in Mexico that had just won the SA CL equivalent so to do well with that side has to be qualified. If he was such a success, why does he end up in a complete backwater thereafter?

Anyway, it's done now and he gets my full support. If in two years he is still the manager and we are in a good position to win the title, I will happily buy the first round at the next Gersnet dinner and toast the gamble that paid off.

I think I am allowed to air my concerns on this forum, and so far apart from "who else" I have yet to see a decent argument to promote this guy.

I think we will stick to Pedro

Like I said - he has a Simeone swagger about him and lets give the guy a chance.

There is too much negativity on here.

He is an unknown quantity? Good.

He is here to coach the 1st XI; let him get on with his job.