RangersFC has today confirmed Pedro

Good article from Gordon Smith there. The most worrying paragraph is "His team in Qatar have been playing in front of an average crowd of 400. They are sitting fifth in the league, 19 points off the top.Coming to the Glasgow goldfish bowl will be a completely new experience for him."

How does someone with this current record even get their CV looked at by our selection panel? To me it would be thrown straight in the bin along with the other time wasters.

My last comment on this is one I have held true over 30 years of going to see our games and discussing Glasgow football fortunes with friends and colleagues from the other side of the divide. If you really want to know if your new player/manager/coach whatever is a good pick, ask the other mob if they rate him. When they laugh in your face, you have got your answer. It works both ways. When they appointed Delia, Mowbray, Dr Jo, etc I pissed myself laughing at them trying to drum up some enthusiasm for a complete dud. They were genuinely concerned when we got Warburton in, so even though that didnt turn out so well it was the right appointment at the right time. When they are telling you they hoped Kiernan won his appeal, and are delighted to see Wilson and Halliday in the team, it tells you a lot.

Pedro starts tomorrow, and his first game in charge in a simple one against Hamilton at Ibrox. Couldnt have hand picked it any easier, so this gives him the best possible chance to get to work positively. then a full week off due to the international break should see him getting his style and formation into place for the games after the break. Of course any kind of decent result today will be helpful but the very fact we have a new guy in place for training tomorrow should be enough to give us a boost.

So good luck to Pedro and whoever he brings in as his assistants. I hope the players rise to the new challenge and embrace his ideals and methods that won over our directors in the interviews. I am sure some of our players are better than Warburton got out of them, so hopefully Pedro is just the sort of guy to get the best out of them. And if not, he can hopefully move a lot of them on and bring in players that will believe in him during the very short summer before the massive challenge of getting into the Europa League starts.

I am not against him and wish him all the best. It will also be good to see if he has a few Portuguese diamonds waiting to be polished. I am more worried about the background of how and why he was picked. RBR said he had a great interview and that worries me even more. Chris Sutton and Andy Walker could probably give you a complete run down on the Rangers team and both could talk their way in anywhere but I would hate to see them anywhere near Ibrox. He has a relationship with bulls, I hope he is not just a bullshitter.

He was clearly in Qatar for the money. You can also look at his experience previously and say, 'he's experienced big crowds and expectations in Portugal (Sporting Lisbon), Greece (Panathanaikos), Romania (Rapid Bucharest) and Mexico (Santos)'. They may not be one of the Big Four/Five leagues, but neither are we. We have huge expectation, but so do Sporting Lisbon, Panathanaikos, Rapid and Santos; some of which are in far more competitive leagues than ours.

It's all about context: you can focus on the above, or that he managed a club in Qatar in front of 400 fans.

Lets look at the positive case:

- Vastly experienced in several countries;

- Disciplinarian;

- Tactician, with a keen eye on detail;

- Recommended by Mourinho -- no to us, but has been in the past;

- Bit of a temper and aggression;

- Doesn't suffer the media lightly;

- Done his training badges in Scotland, so he "knows the Scottish game" (for all the use that is...);

- Clear attacking playing philosophy, but able to change to suit the game situation;

- Won titles in a competitive Mexican league;

- Wants to win at all costs, and I quote, "Defeat is the same as death".

There is a positive case; you just have to look for it.

Edited by Rousseau

Good article from Gordon Smith there. The most worrying paragraph is "His team in Qatar have been playing in front of an average crowd of 400. They are sitting fifth in the league, 19 points off the top.Coming to the Glasgow goldfish bowl will be a completely new experience for him."

How does someone with this current record even get their CV looked at by our selection panel? To me it would be thrown straight in the bin along with the other time wasters.

My last comment on this is one I have held true over 30 years of going to see our games and discussing Glasgow football fortunes with friends and colleagues from the other side of the divide. If you really want to know if your new player/manager/coach whatever is a good pick, ask the other mob if they rate him. When they laugh in your face, you have got your answer. It works both ways. When they appointed Delia, Mowbray, Dr Jo, etc I pissed myself laughing at them trying to drum up some enthusiasm for a complete dud. They were genuinely concerned when we got Warburton in, so even though that didnt turn out so well it was the right appointment at the right time. When they are telling you they hoped Kiernan won his appeal, and are delighted to see Wilson and Halliday in the team, it tells you a lot.

Pedro starts tomorrow, and his first game in charge in a simple one against Hamilton at Ibrox. Couldnt have hand picked it any easier, so this gives him the best possible chance to get to work positively. then a full week off due to the international break should see him getting his style and formation into place for the games after the break. Of course any kind of decent result today will be helpful but the very fact we have a new guy in place for training tomorrow should be enough to give us a boost.

So good luck to Pedro and whoever he brings in as his assistants. I hope the players rise to the new challenge and embrace his ideals and methods that won over our directors in the interviews. I am sure some of our players are better than Warburton got out of them, so hopefully Pedro is just the sort of guy to get the best out of them. And if not, he can hopefully move a lot of them on and bring in players that will believe in him during the very short summer before the massive challenge of getting into the Europa League starts.

Yep = "they were genuinely concerned when we got Warburton in" and they were shiting it when we got Le Guen. So they aren't really to be given credence then, are they?

It has to be remembered any player, manager/coach only goes to Qatar for one reason...................cash!

He's giving up a lot of that cash, and the sun and the beaches.....hold on, the naysayers are right - this guy is bonkers. :)

Yep = "they were genuinely concerned when we got Warburton in" and they were shiting it when we got Le Guen. So they aren't really to be given credence then, are they?

Yes, and similarly I was pissing myself when they appointed Strachan and he did a good job for them. So it is not an exact science, but it does give you a good gauge if you are talking to guys that can be realistic about the rivalry.

He was clearly in Qatar for the money. You can also look at his experience previously and say, 'he's experienced big crowds and expectations in Portugal (Sporting Lisbon), Greece (Panathanaikos), Romania (Rapid Bucharest) and Mexico (Santos)'. They may not be one of the Big Four/Five leagues, but neither are we. We have huge expectation, but so do Sporting Lisbon, Panathanaikos, Rapid and Santos; some of which are in far more competitive leagues than ours.

It's all about context: you can focus on the above, or that he managed a club in Qatar in front of 400 fans.

Lets look at the positive case:

- Vastly experienced in several countries;

- Disciplinarian;

- Tactician, with a keen eye on detail;

- Recommended by Mourinho -- no to us, but has been in the past;

- Bit of a temper and aggression;

- Doesn't suffer the media lightly;

- Done his training badges in Scotland, so he "knows the Scottish game" (for all the use that is...);

- Clear attacking playing philosophy, but able to change to suit the game situation;

- Won titles in a competitive Mexican league;

- Wants to win at all costs, and I quote, "Defeat is the same as death".

There is a positive case; you just have to look for it.

It comes down to trust in the Board to get it right

and that rightly has taken a dunt after the MW fiasco

the biggest concern is our recruitment, its apparent its absolutely appalling

i really hope this guy has the answers otherwise he's gubbed before we take the field.