Welcome Pedro! Rangers v Hamilton preview.

Aberdeen have simple benefited from a mis-firing Rangers team.

Will be interesting to see how the table looks AFTER the next 2 meetings of the teams. Currently 8pts difference.

If you look at each team's next 4 games pre-split they are markedly different.

We have :

Motherwell (H)

Killie (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Partick Thistle (H)

They have :

Dundee (A)

ICT (H)

Rangers (H)

St Johnstone (A)

I know we have been inconsistent this season but I would fully expect 9 points from Motherwell, Thistle and Killie - so 9 points from those games.

I look at their schedule and Dundee away wont be easy and neither will St Johnstone away. They should be ICT at home though.

I can see them dropping 4 points (Dundee and St J) whilst we pick up 9 points from our 3 games.

That would leave us 3 behind them with the game at Pittodrie - we could quite plausibly be sitting on the same points as them going into the post split games. We are certainly capable of 3 points at Pittodrie.

Lots of football to be played before then but those who already have Aberdeen pegged for 2nd could very well be a tad premature with that.....

No mention of another, weekly, dive from Dembele in this weekend football review!

It is little wonder that he continues with his cantraips, given that he has, quite clearly, carte blanche from referees and from Compliance Officer, to say nothing of his team's management, which seems to be loath to discourage them. Of course, it would help if the Scottish print and other media questioned his behaviour, or even mentioned it, passim.

(Said this on the thread, elsewhere, Footie Chat, but I do love the sight of my own voice......)

Just getting back to a sideline in this thread from last weekend, although I didn't arrive in Fuerteventura in time to go to the recommended Flower of Scotland pub to see our victory over Accies, I did go in there to watch the Scotland game on Wednesday night, and it is a smashing boozer with Rangers leanings which I would recommend to any Bears who find themselves in this part of the world and want to watch the matches or just to have a good night out.