Welcome Pedro! Rangers v Hamilton preview.

When I watched the highlights I really appreciated how much more direct the team is. As soon as we had the ball we had players further up the field who were clearly running in anticipation of a forward pass. It reminds me of Dortmund around 4 years ago.

I'm excited to see how we develop over the next couple of weeks. One thing you can also see is the difference in the players' faces. Is it just me or are they enjoying their football much more recently? They've not looked as relaxed or so together as a team since 12 months ago.

Something has clearly happened there but I'm just pleased that whatever it was is in the past.

Rob Maclean's weekend football review:

McInnes's Dons could break Fergie record

Comparisons between Aberdeen's team of 2017 and the legendary line-up of the early to mid-80s are pointless.

But it's a real feather in the cap for the current crop that they're on the brink of breaking the club record for consecutive home wins.

The pre-knighthood Alex Ferguson's Dons reeled off nine straight victories at Pittodrie in the 1985-86 season.

Derek McInnes and his team matched that achievement with their 2-0 defeat of Hearts on Saturday and have every chance of going one better.

Aberdeen are 25 points behind Celtic but they're Scotland's next best thing and are in the process of proving it.

Where are the home-grown players at Ibrox?

Pedro Caixinha wants his Rangers team to 'play like kids'. But what about putting some home-grown kids in the team?

Now, I realise that's hardly a priority at the moment for the new Portuguese gaffer as he looks to chase Aberdeen for Premiership runners-up spot and, at the very least, qualify for Europe.

Caixinha got off to a solid start at Ibrox on Saturday with four goals and three points against a struggling Hamilton team who slipped to the bottom of the league.

When he mentioned kids afterwards, he was talking about his players getting a child-like enjoyment from their football but it did make me think about the lack of youngsters progressing from Rangers' Murray Park academy into the first team.

It's not immediately Caixinha's problem but it must be a concern for the bean-counters who've been expecting some return on a major long-term investment in youth development.

Ha!Ha!, what an idiot this clown is!, gutter Scottish press indeed

Wee Barrie is a home product!, as is Wilson!, maybe pushing a wee bit for Halliday?, but he is a Rangers youth!

How many ex Rangers youths are currently playing in the SPFL for other clubs?

Edited by ian1964