Welcome Pedro! Rangers v Hamilton preview.

Great performance and result! How's the weather Tannoch? You find the Flower of Scotland?

No just got to the villa around 3.30 and spent half an hour fighting with wifi before giving up. Thunderstorm probably to blame but expected to be good the rest of the week. Will visit FoS later in the week.

Updates on Gersnet and BBC were enough, can watch extended highlights over next couple of days while lounging in the sunshine!

IMHO that was our best performance of the season.

Almost everything was on the deck today - high pressure, high tempo, gave Hamilton zero time on the ball and as soon as we won it we tried to get vertical quickly with short, sharp passing into spaces but also with some longer passes thrown in for variety.

We attacked the space when we had the ball and attacked the ball when we didn't.

Not one failure today - and I thought Toral was our MOTM - he controlled the play from deep with excellent range of passing - much of our forward play started with Toral. HIs delivery from wide into the box was also very good.

Wallaces's goal was some from some fine interchange - Miller with the ball out wide, sharp pass inside to Waghorn who backheeled it first time into Wallace's run who then lifted it over the keeper.

Lots to get excited about after watching that - obviously it is a honeymoon period, but you can already see Pedro making his mark on this team.

I personally don't care what his CV looks like - if this is the type of performance we can look forward to then he will do just fine - win, lose or draw it seems he wants a high tempo, high pressure and getting the ball vertical quickly. That will do for me.

Agree with all of that Craig but Hamilton is not Celtic so last weeks display holds more weight so again hat doffed to Mutry. We were fantastic today and Toral was a breath of fresh air. For those that don't want loan players I can only say one thing. Get Hyndman and Toral signed on a fast contract. As Craig said Waghorn looks like a completely different player now that Warburton has gone. Tavernier has also found a new lease of life.

Hamilton showed totally no ambition to attack and we did not let them show any. This is extremely positive but we will be given sterner tests. The Hyndman goal was a sublime passing goal that was Barcelona class.:notworthy:

Not even sure how I managed that.... I was sitting with plenty of time to KO and saw the odds BD and Gribz posted and thought "that is a cracking bet, load up" - just checked my account - had 300 quid in it. Dammit ! :D

Plus Ian put a link up for half time full time with the same odds, thats stealing money. Its too annoying I can only bet on English games now.

But great first result and I said its about time we gave someone a dooing when we beat them 6-0 in the cup and now we have a proper scoreline in the league now. Im confident we can overhaul 8 points from Aberdeen. Motherwell next up at Ibrox and Pedro will have had a full 2 weeks with the players before then with only Wallace going away on international duty.