Welcome Pedro! Rangers v Hamilton preview.

I really hope Pedro takes Murty under his wing and makes him his 3rd assistant.

Whilst I agreed with you pete there is also the question of the U20's. Difficult to know whether Murty would be best served as 3rd assistant or continuing his work with the 20's.

Clearly the senior players responded to him latterly and given we use some senior players in the 20's now and then it may make more sense to keep him there.

The big difference that I saw today was that the ball went from back to front much quicker and I credit Toral in particular with that transition but praise is also due to Holt and Hyndman for their high tempo contributions.

Wilson is benefitting from playing alongside Hill as Kiernan did earlier in the season and deserves to keep his place.

Hodson was outstanding last week and must be bewildered at finding himself once again warming the bench.

It was great to see us hitting the bye line and getting in good cutbacks early on; if we just had a quality striker to finish them off we would be in a much better place.

I'm looking forward to seeing Caxainha bring sustained progress over the next two months.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

A big problem for Caixinha now is what to do about Hyndmann & Toral.

There's no no doubt they've improved us considerably since they arrived & we now need to look to signing them both permanently if possible. Hyndmann will involve a transfer fee but Toral is out of contract at the end of the season I believe.

Can the Rangers board provide the funds ?

There's no no doubt they've improved us considerably since they arrived & we now need to look to signing them both permanently if possible. Hyndmann will involve a transfer fee but Toral is out of contract at the end of the season I believe.

I would say get them signed they really have improved us so much and they are so young. I will also put my hand up and say the sharpness of passing yesterday has to be down to the new coaching. I have now joined the glass over-flowing brigade.

I think we would be much more likely to be able to get Toral but his wages will be a big issue. Best hope with Hyndman might be a new season long loan.

But to my mind an even bigger problem is McKay. IIRC he only signed a one year extension to end of next season and has only performed in occasional patches. He was ineffective last week and largely anonymous yesterday. So we need to get him performing and we need to get him signed if we are to benefit from a decent transfer fee if he leaves in due course.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Hyndman just left Fulham in the summer to join Bournemouth. Crazy figures were being banded about - well out of our reach.

The best we can hope for is another years loan.

I think we would be much more likely to be able to get Toral but his wages will be a big issue. Best hope with Hyndman might be a new season long loan.

But to my mind an even bigger problem is McKay. IIRC he only signed a one year extension to ensure do next season and has only performed in occasional patches. He was ineffective last week and largely anonymous yesterday. So we need to get him performing and we need to get him signed if we are to benefit from a decent transfer fee if he leaves in due course.

I'd like to think that another Hyndman loan is possible. I don't think he's good enough for their first team squad yet and another year would do him good.

I think McKay needs to be rested for a few weeks. Hopefully we would then see a return to form. However to be fair it was only a couple of weeks ago that he was outstanding.

Hamilton Acas were poor, rubbish in fact, although Rangers' front foot approach did not allow them to play much, which was good. Also positive was the

smartness of the passing and movement, which was done with purpose, rather than, as in much of Warburton's tenure this season, as an end in itself.

Hamilton were pretty robust, I thought, and, in the absence of Andy Halliday, Jason Holt appeared to bear the brunt. The team just got on with it, thankfully.

Overall, there was positivity, discipline, and confidence, resulting in some good snappy football. A fizzy -petillant- rather than flat performance.

There is still room for improvement, and the fact that two of the better performances came from loanees, is concerning.

Graeme Murty, who was in the dugout yesterday, deserves credit for, at very least, getting things moving in the right direction.

Onwards and upwards.