Welcome Pedro! Rangers v Hamilton preview.

It was indeed a 4-2-3-1, but I think when we're attacking Miller -- who looks like he's the No.10 -- pushes up to support making it more like a 4-4-2. Holt and Toral are sitting deep, giving us a box-like defensive shape; this is allowing us to press when we lose the ball, instead of there being no one there! The wide midfield players -- Hyndman and McKay -- are playing very narrow, allowing Wallace and Tavernier to provide the width.

Our transitions have been very quick, both offensively and defensively.

Our set-piece play has been good too: usually it's Tav's out-swinger, but Toral has taken a few in-swingers today which is causing trouble for Hamilton.

Edited by Rousseau

It was indeed a 4-2-3-1, but I think when we're attacking Miller -- who looks like he's the No.10 -- pushes up to support making it more like a 4-4-2. Holt and Toral are sitting deep, giving us a box-like defensive shape; this is allowing us to press when we lose the ball, instead of there being no one there! The wide midfield players -- Hyndman and McLay -- are playing very narrow, allowing Wallace and Tavernier to provide the width.

Our transitions have been very quick, both offensively and defensively.

Our set-piece play has been good too: usually it's Tav's out-swinger, but Toral has taken a few in-swingers today which is causing trouble for Hamilton.

Its fluid to say the least.

Cant remember if it was the villareal game last night or the bristol game, but they scored a goal and straight away i was thinking i wished we had a forward who was as intelligent in his runs. Their right back had the ball in the typical tavernier position with the forward making a run to split the two center halfs but just before the RB put his foot to the ball the forward switched and darted in front of the CB getting his toe to the low cross scoring from 16-18 yards. If we could get our forwards to think like that we would score a barrel load

Edited by trublusince1982

Just turned it on to see a trademark Holt waste of a shot. I don't know how he's playing but he is a waste of a jersey at times. I could have finished that.

He's playing well

Its fluid to say the least.

Cant remember if it was the villareal game last night or the bristol game, but they scored a goal and straight away i was thinking i wished we had a forward who was as intelligent in his runs. Their right back had the ball in the typical tavernier position with the forward making a run to split the two center halfs but just before the RB put his foot to the ball the forward switched and darted in front of the CB getting his toe to the low cross scoring from 16-18 yards. If we could get our forwards to think like that we would score a barrel load

Absolutely.

Villareal are one of the few sides I actually enjoy watch playing a 4-4-2! Incredibly fluid, with many little triangles throughout; and, as you say, the front pair's movements are interesting to watch.