Welcome Pedro! Rangers v Hamilton preview.

Im hoping to have landed in Feurteventura and be in my accomodation in time to sign up to RTV to watch the match tomorrow. I'm disappointed that i'm going to miss Pedro's first game in charge, and if I cant get it on RTV I will be relying on the match thread from the good Bears at Gersnet to keep me informed on how we are doing.

Will we see many changes in personnel from Sunday? I think probably not so it will be about what shape/formation we use, and what desire and application Pedro can get out of them. Are Garner/Kiernan available or still suspended? If they are available I would expect both to come back in.

Will he play McKay in a proper number 10 role or continue to play him on the "wrong" wing, with Waghorn playing on his wrong side also? A lot of questions and we might not get all the answers after only a few days to work with the players, but there should be enough clues as to who he rates and what way he wants to set up.

For all Murty done reasonably well for being thrown in way above his level, we did drop 8 points in his 4 league games in charge, which now leaves us 8 points behind Dolly with 10 games to go, so there is no room for bedding in gently, we simply cannot afford any more dropped points in our remaining home games, and probably have to win both the Dolly matches remaining to pip them to second.

If we drastically change formation and style, what then does this do to our philosophy of having all our teams from kids ages upwards playing the same way - do they all then change?

Time will tell, bring it on!

If you are in Caleta TB go to Flower if Scotland. Big Rangers bar.

Edited by cooponthewing

I don't expect to see many changes from last week although Windlass or Forrester may start ahead of the ineffective McKay.

I do think that he will want to see as many players in action as possible so I would think he will use all three substitutes fairly early and based on his comments Dodoo may get a long overdue opportunity.

What I do expect is to see a higher tempo from the start embodying the philosophy of attacking when we have the ball and attacking space when we don't the have the ball.

If you are in Caleta TB go to Flower if Scotland. Big Rangers bar.

I am and I will. Many thanks for info to you and others who replied. Checking flight info it looks like I land at 14.35 so by the time I get through airport and short taxi ride I will probably miss at least first half. Looks like I'm going to get holiday off to a flier in the doghouse as I dump my case and bomb straight to pub to catch 2nd half! Oh well, got all week to make it up to her indoors!

I am and I will. Many thanks for info to you and others who replied. Checking flight info it looks like I land at 14.35 so by the time I get through airport and short taxi ride I will probably miss at least first half. Looks like I'm going to get holiday off to a flier in the doghouse as I dump my case and bomb straight to pub to catch 2nd half! Oh well, got all week to make it up to her indoors!

I'm out there next Saturday for a week. Looking forward to the sun myself. Enjoy!!

I don't expect to see many changes from last week although Windlass or Forrester may start ahead of the ineffective McKay.

I do think that he will want to see as many players in action as possible so I would think he will use all three substitutes fairly early and based on his comments Dodoo may get a long overdue opportunity.

What I do expect is to see a higher tempo from the start embodying the philosophy of attacking when we have the ball and attacking space when we don't the have the ball.

It would be good to see Dodoo get his chance. He looks a finisher. Complete sell out now, another great atmosphere.

My only question is how many.

How about 10?

Off topic but...I remember as a youngster me and my mate used to pop along to parkhead and get money for 'watching' their cars when there was a game on, we'd return to our playground then go back after the game to pick-up our 'pay' ...also at the end of the game we'd go around with plastic bags collecting all the empty 'Gingeez' and cash them in later.

Timmy beat Hamilton 10-0 the night we got chased by local gang either the 'Torch' or the 'Spur' and we had to drop our booty. We could never go back after that. :(

If you don't have a connection then I volunteer to give much more detail than is usual on the match thread if that's OK with everyone.

That would be good as I dont think I have the game on TV this week. Eleven sports channel here randomly put on either a Scottish game or a Championship English game.

Looking forward to seeing Pedro' first selection and think he will stick with Miller in the starting line up. But a more attacking player like Windass or Forrester would be good on the right with McKay on the other side with Hyndman central.