Welcome Pedro! Rangers v Hamilton preview.

To bad I can't watch that game, but hope he'll start on a high.

Given the way he wants the game to be played, I do wonder whether we will see both Garner and Waghorn as strikers, both able to harass the defence and midfielders. Wonder whether McKay gets an immediate place in the starting XI, given his performance against the Yahoos. Miller might be in attacking midfield instead. Hyndman and Holt will probably instant picks though.

Whilst I'd expect to perhaps see the same system as we used last week I'm genuinely excited to see what players the manager picks.

I don't think we need Tav and Hodson in the same side tomorrow so you'd have to fancy a Windass or Forrester to perhaps play on the right. Up front we have options too so I wonder if Miller may be replaced by Garner or Dodoo.

Can't wait to get to the game!

Im hoping to have landed in Feurteventura and be in my accomodation in time to sign up to RTV to watch the match tomorrow. I'm disappointed that i'm going to miss Pedro's first game in charge, and if I cant get it on RTV I will be relying on the match thread from the good Bears at Gersnet to keep me informed on how we are doing.

Will we see many changes in personnel from Sunday? I think probably not so it will be about what shape/formation we use, and what desire and application Pedro can get out of them. Are Garner/Kiernan available or still suspended? If they are available I would expect both to come back in.

Will he play McKay in a proper number 10 role or continue to play him on the "wrong" wing, with Waghorn playing on his wrong side also? A lot of questions and we might not get all the answers after only a few days to work with the players, but there should be enough clues as to who he rates and what way he wants to set up.

For all Murty done reasonably well for being thrown in way above his level, we did drop 8 points in his 4 league games in charge, which now leaves us 8 points behind Dolly with 10 games to go, so there is no room for bedding in gently, we simply cannot afford any more dropped points in our remaining home games, and probably have to win both the Dolly matches remaining to pip them to second.

If we drastically change formation and style, what then does this do to our philosophy of having all our teams from kids ages upwards playing the same way - do they all then change?

Time will tell, bring it on!

Sorry I'm a wee bit late, but that's your preview published, Coop.

It'll be interesting to see what the team will be -- same again, like you suggest, could be the way we go.

Cheers Rousseau. Let's hope for a winning start tomorrow!

Edited by cooponthewing

Im hoping to have landed in Feurteventura and be in my accomodation in time to sign up to RTV to watch the match tomorrow. I'm disappointed that i'm going to miss Pedro's first game in charge, and if I cant get it on RTV I will be relying on the match thread from the good Bears at Gersnet to keep me informed on how we are doing.

Will we see many changes in personnel from Sunday? I think probably not so it will be about what shape/formation we use, and what desire and application Pedro can get out of them. Are Garner/Kiernan available or still suspended? If they are available I would expect both to come back in.

Will he play McKay in a proper number 10 role or continue to play him on the "wrong" wing, with Waghorn playing on his wrong side also? A lot of questions and we might not get all the answers after only a few days to work with the players, but there should be enough clues as to who he rates and what way he wants to set up.

For all Murty done reasonably well for being thrown in way above his level, we did drop 8 points in his 4 league games in charge, which now leaves us 8 points behind Dolly with 10 games to go, so there is no room for bedding in gently, we simply cannot afford any more dropped points in our remaining home games, and probably have to win both the Dolly matches remaining to pip them to second.

If we drastically change formation and style, what then does this do to our philosophy of having all our teams from kids ages upwards playing the same way - do they all then change?

If you don't have a connection then I volunteer to give much more detail than is usual on the match thread if that's OK with everyone.

http://www.bluenosebars.com/Spain.htm