Who is the best player ever to have played at Ibrox.

Love that game. I had had a particularly late new year. Woke up and it turned on my radio and it was 3 nil already. Think only about 20 mins had gone.

Reminds me of the Lovenkrands cup final. I had had a bit of a late night and woke up at 2-2.

Love that game. I had had a particularly late new year. Woke up and it turned on my radio and it was 3 nil already. Think only about 20 mins had gone.

Fortunately the Celtic players were at your party but the boys in blue were tucked up in bed early.

It's just a pity Rangers didn't play in a five a side league mate.

Guys like him who produced every 9 or 10 matches when they could be bothered to shake themselves awake were the reason, despite 10's of millions being spent we were serial failures in Europe.

I couldn't give a monkeys chuff what they did elsewhere. We spent well over the budget for guys to turn up to showboat in cup finals or Wednesday night matches against Dunfermline or whoever.

An undoubted talent - a waste of money as far as Rangers were concerned.

I think that's very unfair on Mikhailichenko who was consistently played out of position but nonetheless was a joy to watch and scored a goal every 5/6 games for us.

Miko was a very good player and at a time when we had the 3 foreigner rule got into the side no end. Him and Huistra were very good but Laudrup arrived and blew them out the water and took our level of expectation higher.

I appreciate that this is not necessarily a guide but going back to my dinner quiz, Rangers have only ever had three players who have featured in the World or UEFA Rankings and none whilst they were at Ibrox:

Oleksiy Mykhaylychenko was 4th in the European Footballer of the Year ("Ballon d'Or") in 1988 and signed for Rangers in 1991.

Paul Gascoigne also was 4th in Europe in 1991 and signed for Rangers in 1995.

but our only World Ranked player ever was Brian Laudrup who was voted the 5th best player in the world in FIFA World Player of the Year rankings in 1992 and joined Rangers two years later.

Miko was a very good player and at a time when we had the 3 foreigner rule got into the side no end. Him and Huistra were very good but Laudrup arrived and blew them out the water and took our level of expectation higher.

Just thinking about that in 1995-96 all three were in our team that won the 8th of 9-in-a-row.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Just thinking about that in 1995-96 all three were in our team that won the 8th of 9-in-a-row.

They were in the squad along with Trevor Steven but dont think they played much that season. Midfield in 8IAR was mainly made up from Gascoigne, Laudrup, McCall, Miller, McInnes, I Ferguson.

EDIT - How could I leave out McCall.

Edited by Gribz

I appreciate that this is not necessarily a guide but going back to my dinner quiz, Rangers have only ever had three players who have featured in the World or UEFA Rankings and none whilst they were at Ibrox:

Oleksiy Mykhaylychenko was 4th in the European Footballer of the Year ("Ballon d'Or") in 1988 and signed for Rangers in 1991.

Paul Gascoigne also was 4th in Europe in 1991 and signed for Rangers in 1995.

but our only World Ranked player ever was Brian Laudrup who was voted the 5th best player in the world in FIFA World Player of the Year rankings in 1992 and joined Rangers two years later.

Was Boli not quite highly ranked just before he came to us?

Just checked he was 15th in 1993 so not that high.

Edited by Crimson Dynamo

A certain former member of this site named his son "Miko" after him.