Who is the best player ever to have played at Ibrox.

It was Baxter and Drumchaple

MARGOT McCuaig from Purple TV in Govan who directed the Jim Baxter documentary, found footage of Jim talking about the time he took Real Madrid's Ferenc Puskas to a house party in Drumchapel after a European tie - oh come on, they did great parties in Drumchapel. The superb Puskas became friendly with a local girl in the house's scullery. As Jim explained: "I've always thought there should be a plaque in Drumchapel which would state 'The great footballer Puskas scored here'."

I thought the Baxter book said it was McKinnon, with my memory I wouldn't argue :laugh2:

Great story though.

It was Baxter and Drumchaple

MARGOT McCuaig from Purple TV in Govan who directed the Jim Baxter documentary, found footage of Jim talking about the time he took Real Madrid's Ferenc Puskas to a house party in Drumchapel after a European tie - oh come on, they did great parties in Drumchapel. The superb Puskas became friendly with a local girl in the house's scullery. As Jim explained: "I've always thought there should be a plaque in Drumchapel which would state 'The great footballer Puskas scored here'."

That is a haha story alright. Bet they were on the vodka/bru's.

Baxter, McKinnon & Co used to go to a Club my uncle owned in Glasgow, the Blue Grotto; hence I have their autographs.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Puskas did know one word of English (albeit originally Gaelic) which he apparently pronoubced "weeskee"

Slim Jim also said after finding Puskas, erm, entertaining the young lady over the kitchen table, when Baxter went to find another bottle: "now I know why they call him the Galloping Major"

Edited by SteveC

Remember Alexei Mikhailichenko? He was arguably the most skilful player we had but he didn't like to run. I remember Walter saying that when they played 5-a-side matches no one could get the ball from him.

Who could forget him.

Oleksiy Oleksandrovych Mykhaylychenko (Ukrainian: Олексій Олександрович Михайличенко; born March 30, 1963), was a superb player; but allegedly always last out of the dressing room because he was blow drying his hair. He is a Distinguished Master of Sports of USSR and a Distinguished Coach of Ukraine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleksiy_Mykhaylychenko

I remember "The Great Defender" saying that he always checked the team sheet to see if there was any chance of AM playing in central midfield where he belonged but he was usually played wide left. He chipped in with a fair few goals including these against Celtic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6BevQv3HNQ

Three years before we got him he split these famous Dutchmen in the European Footballer of the Year ("Ballon d'Or").

1. Marco VAN BASTEN (Milan) (Netherlands) 129

2. Ruud Gullit (Milan) (Netherlands) 88

3. Frank Rijkaard (Milan) (Netherlands) 45

4. Alexei Mikhailichenko (Dynamo Kiev) (Soviet Union) 41

5. Ronald Koeman (PSV) (Netherlands) 39

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Puskas did know one word of English (albeit originally Gaelic) which he apparently pronoubced "weeskee"

Slim Jim also said after finding Puskas, erm, entertaining the young lady over the kitchen table, when Baxter went to find another bottle: "now I know why they call him the Galloping Major"

Puskas wasn't the fastest thing on two legs but he was a lethal striker :facepalm:

Remember Alexei Mikhailichenko? He was arguably the most skilful player we had but he didn't like to run. I remember Walter saying that when they played 5-a-side matches no one could get the ball from him.

It's just a pity Rangers didn't play in a five a side league mate.

Guys like him who produced every 9 or 10 matches when they could be bothered to shake themselves awake were the reason, despite 10's of millions being spent we were serial failures in Europe.

I couldn't give a monkeys chuff what they did elsewhere. We spent well over the budget for guys to turn up to showboat in cup finals or Wednesday night matches against Dunfermline or whoever.

An undoubted talent - a waste of money as far as Rangers were concerned.

Who could forget him.

Oleksiy Oleksandrovych Mykhaylychenko (Ukrainian: Олексій Олександрович Михайличенко; born March 30, 1963), was a superb player; but allegedly always last out of the dressing room because he was blow drying his hair. He is a Distinguished Master of Sports of USSR and a Distinguished Coach of Ukraine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleksiy_Mykhaylychenko

I remember "The Great Defender" saying that he always checked the team sheet to see if there was any chance of AM playing in central midfield where he belonged but he was usually played wide left. He chipped in with a fair few goals including these against Celtic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6BevQv3HNQ

Three years before we got him he split these famous Dutchmen in the European Footballer of the Year ("Ballon d'Or").

1. Marco VAN BASTEN (Milan) (Netherlands) 129

2. Ruud Gullit (Milan) (Netherlands) 88

3. Frank Rijkaard (Milan) (Netherlands) 45

4. Alexei Mikhailichenko (Dynamo Kiev) (Soviet Union) 41

5. Ronald Koeman (PSV) (Netherlands) 39

Love that game. I had had a particularly late new year. Woke up and it turned on my radio and it was 3 nil already. Think only about 20 mins had gone.