Rangers - Fake News Generator

Just now, buster. said:

This is opportunism, in that yahoos see a complicated and difficult situation for Rangers/Dave King and are looking to squeeze as much out of it as they can. The blogging angle is about pushing their own name forward, alongside their donations button.

The only way to really effectivelly put this type of thing to bed is to sort out our problems.

But they are making up false stories about problems that don’t exist. And these are affecting the perception of the club. Which in turn is becoming a real problem.

3 minutes ago, StuGers said:

But they are making up false stories about problems that don’t exist. And these are affecting the perception of the club. Which in turn is becoming a real problem.

IMO they are putting an overly negative spin on problems that do exist.

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

IMO they are putting an overly negative spin on problems that do exist.

So you genuinely think there is a risk of us going into administration? With zero external debt?

You genuinely think that there is some semblance of truth that a Rangers fan tried to murder Chris Sutton?

You genuinely think there is some truth in the story that Agathé had to drive an armoured car to training and that the Rangers fans chanted as a whole at Ibrox, “Agathé loves curry”?

Just now, StuGers said:

So you genuinely think there is a risk of us going into administration? With zero external debt?

You genuinely think that there is some semblance of truth that a Rangers fan tried to murder Chris Sutton?

You genuinely think there is some truth in the story that Agathé had to drive an armoured car to training and that the Rangers fans chanted as a whole at Ibrox, “Agathé loves curry”?

Try genuinely reading what I actually wrote.

We obviously do have our own problems and I agree the best way is to sort them out. Without a bank guarantee I can imagine that other clubs get nervous with delayed payments. It is a difficult one to fix without looking stupid and obsessed, which an open statement would do in my opinion.

1 hour ago, pete said:

As for the BBC I think Rangers should try and get it sorted by trying to get discussions with people higher up at the BBC. This is not going to be sorted in Scotland.

There's no way I can see the usual suspects at BBC Scotland adopting a more reasonable attitude towards Rangers, whatever the "deal" that can be arranged with the BBC elsewhere. The only outcome of a reconciliation with the BBC will be a continuation of the barely veiled attacks, only with a semblance of credibility.

I wish it were otherwise but I see no resolution to the ongoing assault by the media on our club.

58 minutes ago, buster. said:

Try genuinely reading what I actually wrote.

You wrote that they are putting a spin on problems that do exist. So I am asking, do you think a Rangers fan genuinely tried to run over Chris Sutton?

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

There's no way I can see the usual suspects at BBC Scotland adopting a more reasonable attitude towards Rangers, whatever the "deal" that can be arranged with the BBC elsewhere. The only outcome of a reconciliation with the BBC will be a continuation of the barely veiled attacks, only with a semblance of credibility.

I wish it were otherwise but I see no resolution to the ongoing assault by the media on our club.

I've said it a thousand times. Until we as a club adopt a joined up strategy throughout the business, have focused leadership and committed, powerful & competent execs running the club on a day to day basis...we'll more than likely continue to react to events/firefight, rather than setting agendas/better controlling narratives.

Wrt media, the best 'weapon' we have is not to consume it.

To demand statements after clicking on links is a little hypocritical.

6 minutes ago, StuGers said:

You wrote that they are putting a spin on problems that do exist. So I am asking, do you think a Rangers fan genuinely tried to run over Chris Sutton?

I was talking about the finances, not Sutton (hadn't heard about story until you mentioned it).

37 minutes ago, buster. said:

I was talking about the finances, not Sutton (hadn't heard about story until you mentioned it).

Fair enough, I thought you were talking about the whole post which included the Sutton and Agathé comments.

Even with the finances though, they are plucking stories out of thin air.