Rangers - Fake News Generator

https://mobile.twitter.com/4thProtocol/status/946393916940599296

Quote from the Daily Record on the tackle on Jack, actually blaming him for his injury as he “overstretched”.

Jack has now missed games through suspension and injury because of poor touches while in possession of the ball.

Thats worth noting

• 2 weeks later...

So a new year is upon us but has anyone noticed the further ramping up of the fake news drive?

We’ve already had the infamous Didier Agathé “had to move 9 times due to Rangers fans, had to drive to training in an armoured car due to Rangers fans and Rangers fans racially abused me by singing about my penchant for curry”.

There has been the Chris Sutton “Rangers fan tried to run me over”, in which strangely enough there was no report of this attempted murder to the police.

Now we have an further false reports of Rangers going into admin again based on the manipulation of a small-time betting company by a group placing bets to reduce the odds from astronomical to slightly less astronomical and, of course, the red tops have jumped on this story as if it is a certainty that Rangers will go back into admin.

There’s even been another moonhowlers special Rangers film being premiered at no other than Celtic Park - I would have thought that filming a “documentary” which makes scandalous claims about a rival club at your own official venue would be the very definition of ‘bringing the game into desrepute’ but as always, when Rangers are the target, the rules are different.

So was it a new year’s resolution to up the ante on the dirty propaganda war that is becoming more apparent each year?

I’ve seen some Rangers fans laughing it off as those who are obsessed. But they don’t realise the real damage that this is going to the club’s reputation. Will clubs want to make deals with us if they have heard rumours of admin? Will players want to sign for a club where they may have their contracts ripped up? That is just the financial implications! Do players want to play for a team which has fans who use their children as human shields and racially abuse players? Of course not. However only here do we know these stories are untrue, and as it is never challenged by the club, these stories are becoming ‘alternative facts’.

The club need to be aggressive in shutting down these stories. I know acknlowledging them may give the story  legs but the way that social media works, these stories travel, and the way the red tops work, they are now repackaging these stories and perpetuating them (when you look at some of the “sponsorship” deals that our rival has with them, you have to wonder if there is a financial reward for spreading these lies).

This year the club needs to be aggresive in its media management, and that must include taking more of these news outlets to task and making them reprint the truth or face financial punishment.

As for the ingrained anti-Rangers bias in the media, when your main media outlet in Scotland, the BBC, is openly venomous against our club, then I don’t have any answer to how we shift that institutionalised hatred. That is a very deep societal problem which has unfortunately dropped away over the years.

43 minutes ago, StuGers said:

........The club need to be aggressive in shutting down these stories. I know acknlowledging them may give the story  legs but the way that social media works, these stories travel, and the way the red tops work, they are now repackaging these stories and perpetuating them (when you look at some of the “sponsorship” deals that our rival has with them, you have to wonder if there is a financial reward for spreading these lies).

This year the club needs to be aggresive in its media management, and that must include taking more of these news outlets to task and making them reprint the truth or face financial punishment..........

Redtops in social media (now includes all press outlets in Scotland) are all about looking for clickbait and anything to do with us will often be the busiest pages on their site. 

Yahoos will probably bypass stories on their own club and prioritise clicking on the latest Rangers news, with many leaving a trail of predictable comments . They aren't going to stop anytime soon and our board need to be concentrating on taking the club forward, not getting into a shouting match with that lot. Especially when our statements have a tendency of adding fuel to X or Y.

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Redtops in social media (now includes all press outlets in Scotland) are all about looking for clickbait and anything to do with us will often be the busiest pages on their site. 

Yahoos will probably bypass stories on their own club and prioritise clicking on the latest Rangers news, with many leaving a trail of predictable comments . They aren't going to stop anytime soon and our board need to be concentrating on taking the club forward, not getting into a shouting match with that lot. Especially when our statements have a tendency of adding fuel to X or Y.

-------------

Our finances aren't healthy and there seems to be an impass of sorts wrt leadership and strategy that I had hoped would be sorted around the time of the AGM. This and the TOP/COS problem for Dave King provides a vacum of sorts that is being filled by the celtic-minded.

This probably all needs to be sorted before the club can say anything meaningful and informative.

So what strategy do you propose as the status quo isn’t acceptable - we are constantly suffering reputational damage, as fans and as a club. Is dignified silence still the way forward?

Our finances are in a bad way? We are pretty much debt free, we have guys who are openly stating they will support us and we are just shot of a noose around our neck in the Sports Direct deal, which, now gone, will open up a major source of revenue.

Just now, StuGers said:

So what strategy do you propose as the status quo isn’t acceptable - we are constantly suffering reputational damage, as fans and as a club. Is dignified silence still the way forward?

Our finances are in a bad way? We are pretty much debt free, we have guys who are openly stating they will support us and we are just shot of a noose around our neck in the Sports Direct deal, which, now gone, will open up a major source of revenue.

Better to stay silent unless you have something meaningful to say and that can be backed up.

As for strategy, it's a joined-up strategy that has been missing and is a lot to do with providing vacums for yahoos to fill. 

I think this is different buster. This is an attack designed so the board cannot take the club further. Another hurdle in the road This attack which I'll Phil a so called journalist is pushing. This has already changed the landscape of the Murphy deal. I don't know what the club can do about it and I am not sure an open statement is the answer, but it is certainly not something to keep taking on the chin.

11 minutes ago, pete said:

I think this is different buster. This is an attack designed so the board cannot take the club further. Another hurdle in the road This attack which I'll Phil a so called journalist is pushing. This has already changed the landscape of the Murphy deal. I don't know what the club can do about it and I am not sure an open statement is the answer, but it is certainly not something to keep taking on the chin.

This is opportunism, in that yahoos see a complicated and difficult situation for Rangers/Dave King and are looking to squeeze as much out of it as they can. The blogging angle is about pushing their own name forward, alongside their donations button.

The only way to really effectivelly put this type of thing to bed is to sort out our problems.