Rangers - Fake News Generator

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I've said it a thousand times. Until we as a club adopt a joined up strategy throughout the business, have focused leadership and committed, powerful & competent execs running the club on a day to day basis...we'll more than likely continue to react to events/firefight, rather than setting agendas/better controlling narratives.

Wrt media, the best 'weapon' we have is not to consume it.

To demand statements after clicking on links is a little hypocritical.

What we lack and have lacked for a very long time is effective leadership. Everything else flows from that. The problem with bad leadership is it tends to be self-sustaining.

Seems our draw at the Piggery has them making up daft stories two or three times a week.  

Sad, obsessed scruffs should try getting their hole instead.  Or just have a wash and try and move out from under their parents.

I think in the recent "Admin" case, and others like it....The club simply issuing statements saying the rumours aren't true, won't have ANY effect on the situation.

I think the rumours need to be combated with positive reports & statements from the club.  Ones like bringing in 3 new youth coaches, really pushing the Florida Cup thing, the ongoing improvements @ Auchenhowie etc.

Really highlighting all the good things that are going on at the club, get that into the media & papers.  That way anyone doing their research on the club will be hit with multiple, ongoing positive reports which effectively shoot down the various negative reports....

24 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I think in the recent "Admin" case, and others like it....The club simply issuing statements saying the rumours aren't true, won't have ANY effect on the situation.

I think the rumours need to be combated with positive reports & statements from the club.  Ones like bringing in 3 new youth coaches, really pushing the Florida Cup thing, the ongoing improvements @ Auchenhowie etc.

Really highlighting all the good things that are going on at the club, get that into the media & papers.  That way anyone doing their research on the club will be hit with multiple, ongoing positive reports which effectively shoot down the various negative reports....

I think you're right, and it would help, but these red top rags are just giving their readership what they want.  What Celtic fan wants to read about the good things going on at the club?  These people don't care if it's true or not.  Celtic fans (and others too) want to read this because it's a fantasy they wish was true.  As long as they want to read this crap, there will be an organisation out there willing to give it to them.  I did a quick look back over the past two years on our Gersnet pages.  I've counted 118 instances of made up stories we've discussed, and I wasn't looking that hard.  Note that this didn't include any transfer speculation.  This just proves that our club is what all fans want to talk and read about.  Their primary interest is entertainment, not facts.  I don't know what the answer is, but that's the environment we're operating in.  I'd like to think our PR team could do a better job though.

40 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I think you're right, and it would help, but these red top rags are just giving their readership what they want.  What Celtic fan wants to read about the good things going on at the club?  These people don't care if it's true or not.  Celtic fans (and others too) want to read this because it's a fantasy they wish was true.  As long as they want to read this crap, there will be an organisation out there willing to give it to them.  I did a quick look back over the past two years on our Gersnet pages.  I've counted 118 instances of made up stories we've discussed, and I wasn't looking that hard.  Note that this didn't include any transfer speculation.  This just proves that our club is what all fans want to talk and read about.  Their primary interest is entertainment, not facts.  I don't know what the answer is, but that's the environment we're operating in.  I'd like to think our PR team could do a better job though.

I do agree with that, however, if the Club start "flooding" the info marketplace with positive stories but nothing (or very little) is reported in the MSM, then it gives the club solid grounds for complaint ie. you reported x-number of untrue stories, but didn't mention y-number legit stories.

If we complain about the false stories, the media could simply respond by saying "then give us something else to report on..."

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

But are the media willing to print a lot of positive stories? Would, for example, the Daily Record printing a raft of positive Rangers stories affect their “advertising” revenue cash that they receive from Celtic?