Rangers - Fake News Generator

I think it's pretty neutral and the evening times is actually running the exact same headline with in fact the exact same article by the exact same writer. BBC and all the rest are running similar headlines with more or less the same points.

The rest don't say Rangers unhappy but I think if I were a sports writer covering this I may make an educated guess that Rangers were unhappy at the trial by TV element which didn't happen to broonaldo for his antics at Hamilton. I think it's fair enough that they mention it even though they don't mention broon by name. Everybody knows who and what they're talking about.

An interesting headline which might cause you to buy The Herald standing in a paper shop seeing the banner head [and if you were a daftie unaware of that rags previous ] ----

Yeah...interesting headline indeed, and as you say which might cause you to buy the rag.

On reading the article further it goes on to print...Rangers are thought to be unhappy that the Pena event was pored over on television, whilst other recent incidents involving high-profile players haven’t been.

It really is the most pathetic fishing of the highest order.

National newspapers? Useful for wrapping yer fish supper I suppose!

BT? BBC? I watched the "highlights" placed by the official SPFL (sic!) channel and there you have the elbow and the goal incidents with Pena slow-mo'ed / kept, which suggests someone at the SPFL deemed them "noteworthy for the world-wide audience"

I missed the elbow incident at the game and when watching the highlights, you actually wonder why anyone would make anything of it. Not least Docherty. For the latter pulls Pena's arm and the Mexican simply shakes him off.

As for the goal-that-never-was ... more like something done instinctively by any attacker, rather than an attempt to con the ref et al. Sure no yellow card straight away ... when you see what is not deemed a yellow. But both incidents are highlighted on purpose, IMHO.

Edited by der Berliner

7JTrL8W.jpg

if you look at this screen shot you can see the Hamilton player was holding Pena's arm at the wrist and just above the elbow. This was not in defence as the Hamilton player grabbed the arm before Pena reacted. After this his arm dropped so this was the worst case scenario.

BT? BBC? I watched the "highlights" placed by the official SPFL (sic!) channel and there you have the elbow and the goal incidents with Pena slow-mo'ed / kept, which suggests someone at the SPFL deemed them "noteworthy for the world-wide audience"

I missed the elbow incident at the game and when watching the highlights, you actually wonder why anyone would make anything of it. Not least Docherty. For the latter pulls Pena's arm and the Mexican simply shakes him off.

As for the goal-that-never-was ... more like something done instinctively by any attacker, rather than an attempt to con the ref et al. Sure no yellow card straight away ... when you see what is not deemed a yellow. But both incidents are highlighted on purpose, IMHO.

If he deliberately handled the ball, malintent or not, it is a yellow.

• 1 month later...

Celtic legend Jim Craig reveals he was surprised to see ‘the poor state’ of Rangers’ Ibrox stadium during recent Old Firm derby.

European Cup winning legend Craig wasn't impressed with the nick of the iconic stadium during a recent trip.

By Robert Collins

LISBON LION Jim Craig admits he was shocked to discover the ‘poor state of Ibrox’ during an Old Firm clash last season.

The Celtic legend still follows the Hoops and is regularly spotted in the stands at Parkhead along with fellow 1967 European Cup hero Bertie Auld.

But after taking in a game against Rangers in Govan last term, the 74-year-old said he was surprised at the stadium’s poor condition as he bemoaned the lack of competition in Scotland.

He told CeltsAreHere: “Brendan Rodgers has done a great job since he came in and I would not be at all surprised if we picked up another Treble at the end of the season.“However it would also be fair to say to say that the quality of the opposition in Scotland is not all it might be.“Quite a number of clubs are in financial trouble and do not have the cash to bring in players of a better standard than the ones already in the club.

“Even our traditional rivals from across the city are not in the best of financial health and I was really surprised at the poor state inside of Ibrox when I attended one of the derbies last season.

“If we don’t get the competition we need from teams in Scotland, then it means that when we hit the European scene, we have to raise out game quite considerably when we come up against some of the Continent’s best teams.“This is difficult to achieve and it is no surprise that we can struggle at that level.”

We previously told how cheeky Celtic fans had planned to wear hard hats to Ibrox last season in a pop over the stadium’s roofing.

The idea came after hundreds of Rangers supporters were forced to move seats during a Championship clash against Dumbarton in 2015 due to ‘fabric’ issues.

But the wind-up was blocked by Police Scotland as the Hoops edged out 2-1 winners on the day.

However, Rangers supporters got one back on their rivals weeks later after pictures emerged online of a giant hole in the Celtic Park facade.

The Glasgow giants are due to meet again at Parkhead on December 30.

Meanwhile Craig believes Celtic wonderkid Kieran Tierney has the world at his feet – but might be tempted to leave for the Premier League one day.

Tierney – who recently captained Scotland against Holland – signed a mammoth six-year deal with the Scottish champions last month.

That has led to suggestions that the Hoops-mad defender could become a one-club man and see out the rest of his career at Parkhead.

But Craig believes the wages on offer in England could eventually prove too much to turn down.

He said: “Kieran Tierney is a special player, with everything that a top defender needs.“He has pace, strength and tackles well; he also loves to come forward to help out the forwards.

“And, even better, he has always been a Celtic fan. I hope he will be at Celtic Park for a long time.“However there is a serious financial gulf between what a player can earn in Scotland and what he could pick up in England.

“Right now, Kieran seems very happy with his lot at Celtic Park.“Suppose, though, that he was being advised by a financial advisor that knows the British scene; what advice would he be giving our young star?”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...rangers-ibrox/

Just adding this one to the list.

The obvious point in this one is the buttering up of the idea that Celtic Park is the only option for the new National Stadium. When this happens we can refer back here!

• 1 month later...

BLUE SEA OF FEAR Gordon Strachan says he feared scouting trips to Ibrox in case he hit back at Rangers fans giving him abuse

The former Scotland boss was criticised for not picking enough Gers stars during his time but he has hit back at those opinions

By Robert Grieve

20th December 2017, 7:58 am

Updated: 20th December 2017, 8:39 am

5 COMMENTS GORDON STRACHAN has revealed he avoided scouting trips to Ibrox — because he feared he’d spark a rammy with Rangers supporters.

Strachan admitted: “I didn’t go to Rangers much when I was Scotland manager but that was because I was scared in case anything untoward happened.

Gordon Strachan didn't enjoy visits to Ibrox

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW

Gordon Strachan didn’t enjoy visits to Ibrox

“I’m sure it wouldn’t have but, being the ex-Celtic manager, I was always a wee bit wary. It was nothing to do with the hospitality from the club, it was in case I was walking across the road, somebody says something and I nark back at them.

“I didn’t want to be in anyone’s face.

“Any Rangers fans I did meet were all good with me.

“I never had any of them in my face telling me I was useless.

The former Scotland boss took charge of one game at the home of Rangers - a 1-0 win against Georgia

KENNETH RAMSAY (PHOTOGRAPHY) LIMITED, TROCHRAGUE, 78 NEWARK STREET, GREENOCK PA16 7TF

The former Scotland boss took charge of one game at the home of Rangers – a 1-0 win against Georgia

“But I was always that wee bit wary just in case. You don’t want to make a headline.

“I did go sometimes but you’ve got to remember that for three or four years they weren’t in the top division.

“Was I supposed to go and watch them against Brechin?

“People had a go at me for not picking Lee Wallace and Barrie McKay but they were playing against Forfar and Brechin.

BET £10 WITH SUN BETS AND GET A FREE £30 BET

“Do us a favour. They are not as good as Eastleigh or Sutton for Christ’s sake. Seriously, they are not.

“But as soon as they got into the Premiership what did I do?

“The first thing I do is pull them in the squad because they are doing well against the likes of Hearts and I can really judge them at that point.”

Asked if he should not have been able to spot their potential regardless of the opposition they were up against, Strachan hit back: “No you cannot do that.

Lee Wallace and Barrie McKay only made a handful of appearances under Strachan

KEITH CAMPBELL - THE SUN GLASGOW

Lee Wallace and Barrie McKay only made a handful of appearances under Strachan

“You cannot judge people against these teams, absolutely no chance. You have to judge them against the best.”

Strachan has also hit back at criticism he didn’t watch enough Scottish-based players.

He said: “Listen, if you look at previous Scotland managers they spent most of their time watching games in England.

“Fortunately I live down here so I can get about.

GORD’S REGRET Former Scotland boss Gordon Strachan reveals his one big regret as national team gaffer was mentioning GENETICS

“But every single game that was played in Scotland I had my scouts watching.

“My scouts were Neil Lennon, Tony Docherty, Mark McGhee, Tom O’Neill who worked with me at Celtic.

“They were all there, telling me which players were on fire and which ones I need to go and see.

“When is the best time to go and see them? Is it against Kilmarnock or Hamilton on a plastic pitch when the ball is bouncing about and there’s nobody there?

Strachan spent most of his time watching English matches

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

Strachan spent most of his time watching English matches

“There’s no consequences, no drive, nobody wants to be at the game and there’s only a crowd of 2,000?

“Is it at Inverness? No.

“Where do you really get tested?

“Against Celtic, against Hearts at Tynecastle, anywhere where there’s atmosphere, tension and pressure. Can you play there?

RELATED STORIES

FIGHTING HIS CORNER Every call mattered to millions..I HAD to be stubborn, says Strachan

GENETICALLY MORTIFIED Strachan reveals big regret as Scotland boss was mentioning GENETICS

“That’s where you find your top players and that’s the games I went to see.

“If you are a top player you’ll be playing in those top games.

“I was up there many times — it’s just that I was at places like Celtic, Easter Road or Hearts.”

Gordon Strachan in hilarious interview with Maltese journalist

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

From the Sun.