Rangers - Fake News Generator

10 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

What an article from KJ there.  He clearly has some major issues with DK, but this comes across as hysterical to me.  My understanding is that we never got to the stage where we spoke with DM.  Is that correct?  That's certainly the statement I thought we had made.

How can it have been anything DK or board said/did if we didn't even speak with him?  Am I missing something here?

He really doesn't like DK!:D, nothing but a rant!

17 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

What an article from KJ there.  He clearly has some major issues with DK, but this comes across as hysterical to me.  My understanding is that we never got to the stage where we spoke with DM.  Is that correct?  That's certainly the statement I thought we had made.

How can it have been anything DK or board said/did if we didn't even speak with him?  Am I missing something here?

The grapevine smoke signals at the time suggested McInnes met with RFC officials at Mar Hall and indicated he'd take the job before changing his mind for reasons unknown.

Some suggested it was because the club refused his list of transfer targets but that's also been refuted by people in-the-know.

How exactly did Rangers "botch" the signing of McInnes???

From what information is publicly available, Rangers made an approach to Aberdeen & were refused permission to speak to McInnes.  Does the "botched" part come from the fact that the club didn't operate within the media's preferred time frame???

30 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The grapevine smoke signals at the time suggested McInnes met with RFC officials at Mar Hall and indicated he'd take the job before changing his mind for reasons unknown.

Some suggested it was because the club refused his list of transfer targets but that's also been refuted by people in-the-know.

I wouldn't put it past McInnes having given Jackson a bit more detail off-the-record, and that yes, the reason for knocking us back was actually his concern about the workings of the Board.

If that is the case, fair enough, but I can't help but wonder why he didn't seek to enquire on this topic, to test the waters and lay down a marker in terms of the conditions he would require in terms of his relationship with the Board.  After all, no job is perfect, and for all the eulogising about his relationship with Milne, that will evaporate faster than you say "Aberdeen have won just 4 points out of the last 18" should that (or similar) transpire at any time.

Also, to not even speak to the club to give his reasons or even allow the club to address them in some way, speaks volumes for why perhaps McInnes wasn't the right man for the job anyway.

10 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I wouldn't put it past McInnes having given Jackson a bit more detail off-the-record, and that yes, the reason for knocking us back was actually his concern about the workings of the Board.

If that is the case, fair enough, but I can't help but wonder why he didn't seek to enquire on this topic, to test the waters and lay down a marker in terms of the conditions he would require in terms of his relationship with the Board.  After all, no job is perfect, and for all the eulogising about his relationship with Milne, that will evaporate faster than you say "Aberdeen have won just 4 points out of the last 18" should that (or similar) transpire at any time.

Also, to not even speak to the club to give his reasons or even allow the club to address them in some way, speaks volumes for why perhaps McInnes wasn't the right man for the job anyway.

Your last point there is spot on.  If he did speak to the board and leaked that to KJ, he is unfit to be our manager.  If he didn't have the sense or conviction to speak with the board in the first place, he is not fit to be our manager.  Either way I'm glad he isn't.

45 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Here is my information on the proposed deal, no more or less valid than anyone else's information.

McInnes spent the entire Tuesday at Mar Hall, and a deal had been agreed. The evening was to be used to draw up the contract, he would sign next morning, then do the media in the afternoon. McInnes attended the next morning and read through the proposed contract, there was an additional paragraph NOT agreed to during the previous day's negotiations. The inserted addendum stipulated all transfers were the responsibility of Rangers Director of Football, Mark Allen. McInnes decided he could not live with such intrusion, and walked away.

7 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Here is my information on the proposed deal, no more or less valid than anyone else's information.

McInnes spent the entire Tuesday at Mar Hall, and a deal had been agreed. The evening was to be used to draw up the contract, he would sign next morning, then do the media in the afternoon. McInnes attended the next morning and read through the proposed contract, there was an additional paragraph NOT agreed to during the previous day's negotiations. The inserted addendum stipulated all transfers were the responsibility of Rangers Director of Football, Mark Allen. McInnes decided he could not live with such intrusion, and walked away.

Thanks for that.  If true, that seems like a petulant response does it not?  If you are inclined to join, surely you discuss the detail of what that means.  That doesn't make sense to me.

I realise we will never know, and to be honest I don't really care about that.  I'm just glad he didn't become our manager.  I do however care about the transparency of the agenda against us by KJ and others.  I sense that we will get 55 titles before KJ and his rag suffer the consequences of being so corrupt,  but will enjoy both events when they occur.

Former Rangers star Craig Moore sacked over bizarre orange strip row

Lindsey Archibald Group Digital Editor

FORMER Rangers star Craig Moore has been sacked as Brisbane Roar director of football - in a row over football shirts.

The 42-year-old has been sensationally axed after several of his team's players had to changed their jerseys midway through their AFC Champions League clash with Ceres-Negros midweek because their squad numbers peeled off their backs.

Some players even had to use tape to improvise numbers as there were no replacement shirts available.

Roar vice-chairman Chris Fong raged: “We have a football director, and the buck stops with him.

“I was flabbergasted by the images I saw of the game. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

“It is disgusting that we could allow ourselves to be brought down to this level. It is indicative of what has gone on behind the scenes.”

Moore confirmed he has been put on leave until the end of March when he was due to leave the club.

Roar said in a statement: “The club understands the result against Ceres-Negros FC was disappointing, and the performance was unacceptable.

“We have always worn our orange jersey with pride. [On Tuesday] our club disappointed many people, and embarrassed ourselves with the presentation and numbering on our jersey.

“This was not the fault of BRFC kit manufacturer Umbro, and we are unreservedly apologetic.”

The Aussie defender won 12 trophies during his two spells at Ibrox, including five SPL titles and four Scottish Cups.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15902331.Former_Rangers_star_Craig_Moore_sacked_over_bizarre_orange_strip_row/?ref=ar

The headline has been made to look like the orange shirts are the important thing in the story, trying to make it look sectarian. It in fact plays little part in his sacking apart from orange being the official colour strip from a team on the other side of the world.