Rangers - Fake News Generator

Part of the problem here is that if we litigated every false story we would never be out of the courts defending ourselves. Some would say that is exactly what we should be doing but we also have some major situations to deal with such as on-field personnel, club finances, infrastructure, youth development, merchandise deal. In other words we have bigger fish to fry.

With the amount of nonsense stories out there we probably actually need a dedicated department to deal with just the lies and falsehoods.

What I think the Club SHOULD be doing is going after the major ones, such as Jane Hamilton - that one was a tap-in to bring the Record to task and to not accept an apology stuck in the bottom corner of a page - the Club need to get tough on these ones because they offer the Club an opportunity to start weeding out dishonest journalists, especially when those same journalists are pro-Celtic and anti-Rangers.

As you say Craig,the hamilton case was an open goal----if we didnt want to take it on,i dont think there is appetite for taking on any.(we missed a great opportunity).

We did take it on but certainly didn't follow through strongly enough in a legal sense.

There is a balancing act when it comes to all this coverage but, for the moment at least, we have bigger fish to fry.

We did take it on but certainly didn't follow through strongly enough in a legal sense.

There is a balancing act when it comes to all this coverage but, for the moment at least, we have bigger fish to fry.

What could be bigger than defending our fans from accusasions of throwing our children in front of moving vehicles?

What could be bigger than defending our fans from accusasions of throwing our children in front of moving vehicles?

Those allegations were dreadful and, like I said, should have been dealt with in a stronger fashion. Yes, Hamilton, Foote and the Record were greatly embarrassed by what happened but they should have been in court for it.

However, I'd much rather we concentrated our time and money on the onerous contract litigations and delivering investment into various areas of the club. Being side-tracked by moronic bloggers/journalists (in a general sense) just wastes time in our efforts to return to the top. That's not to say we ignore the worse examples but just pick and choose the fights that make most sense.

For example John James and Phil may consider themselves important and able to dictate the odd bit of narrative but, as a rule, they're totally discredited and any fair-minded person would acknowledge their bigoted lies. As such pursuing their hosting through various countries of origin just isn't worth the time or energy when they're laughed at by 99% of Scottish football fans.

Those allegations were dreadful and, like I said, should have been dealt with in a stronger fashion. Yes, Hamilton, Foote and the Record were greatly embarrassed by what happened but they should have been in court for it.

However, I'd much rather we concentrated our time and money on the onerous contract litigations and delivering investment into various areas of the club. Being side-tracked by moronic bloggers/journalists (in a general sense) just wastes time in our efforts to return to the top. That's not to say we ignore the worse examples but just pick and choose the fights that make most sense.

For example John James and Phil may consider themselves important and able to dictate the odd bit of narrative but, as a rule, they're totally discredited and any fair-minded person would acknowledge their bigoted lies. As such pursuing their hosting through various countries of origin just isn't worth the time or energy when they're laughed at by 99% of Scottish football fans.

I agree with almost all you say there but the problem for me lies in that I don't think they're laughed at by 99% of football fans. Especially when the DR, SMPs etc. seem to be happy to pick up theor stories and forward them on as truths.

The newspapers are just trying to create hits so often care little about accuracy or the source of information.

JJ and Phil inflate their viewing figures to try and claim popularity/influence when, in fact, it's people usually just rubber necking at their car crashes. Why else do they constantly ask for donations?

Hardly anyone takes these people seriously - even if some useful idiots are happy to spread the nonsense just to cause us problems.

JJ and Phil regularly have the begging bowl out. They rely on donations from deluded out there to top up there giros.

There fan sites and bloggs are all maintained and updated by the same circle of people