Rangers - Fake News Generator

Unbelievable outcome from last night's programme - search for Celtic FC on newsnow - zero articles about the child abuse. Search for Rangers FC - multiple results. One of the most interesting articles is from a site called Gotthebattlefeveron. In it is a huge article highlighting every point that was made about Rangers then curiously says at the bottom of the article "The documentary also detailed allegations against other individuals with no links to Rangers which we wont go into further detail on." They are basically just admitting an agenda there. It's unbelievable.

newsnow was run/founded by a celtc supportter

Checked boths NewsNow site and both have 2 notes each about the child abuse stuff. It is actually surprising, that there is so little at all.

Interestingly enough, I haven't read anything about any possible sanctions, whether by current rules or those yet to be written (remember the SFA/SPL in 2012). The journos don't even consider it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/11/celtic-boys-club-founder-jim-torbett-fresh-child-sexual-abuse-claims

Unbelievable outcome from last night's programme - search for Celtic FC on newsnow - zero articles about the child abuse. Search for Rangers FC - multiple results. One of the most interesting articles is from a site called Gotthebattlefeveron. In it is a huge article highlighting every point that was made about Rangers then curiously says at the bottom of the article "The documentary also detailed allegations against other individuals with no links to Rangers which we wont go into further detail on." They are basically just admitting an agenda there. It's unbelievable.

Despite hosting thousands of expert detectives, Kerrydale Street has nothing at all to say on the matter.

Despite hosting thousands of expert detectives, Kerrydale Street has nothing at all to say on the matter.

Well, the ETims did comment on that ... and for a change rather sane as well. (Before someone asks, I only noted it while checking NewsNow (see above) and don't linger there more than once or twice a year ... might get something undesirably.)

Celtic Diary Tuesday April 11: Have The BBC Bungled Their Investigation ?

April 11, 2017 · by Ralph Malph · in Diary, Latest

Last night, on BBC Scotland, reporter Mark Daly told us of fresh accusations of child abuse at Celtic and other Scottish clubs.

Whilst he must be commended for highlighting the issue, and the victims praised for coming forward, the programme asked a few questions which it failed to answer, and perhaps the production team should have watched a preview before cramming it into the schedules.

In cases such as this, the primary concern has to be for those who are the subject of abuse.

In the programme, some of them were protrayed by actors, some chose to face the camera themselves. Both took a great deal of courage, though it has to be said those in front of the camera were clearly upset and perhaps it would have been better to have used actors consistently.

However, they came across convincingly, and hopefully their brave stance will encourage others. One would like to think they will now receive proper guidance and counselling in the aftermath of the programme.

Somewhat surprisingly, although I may have missed it, there was a failure to include some kind of helpline for those who have been similarly affected. I shudder to think that there may be others who have had demons awakened in the wee small hours this morning.

The serious nature of these alleged offences demands a mature and responsible attitude from the makers of the piece, and worryingly, it didn’t seem to be there.

There appeared to be an attitude of lets get it out there as opposed to one of lets be careful how we do this and consider all the possibilities afterwards.

There appeared to be an attitude of getting the story out with a little less concern for those affected. There was , too, a disregard for the legal process in this country.

That worries me.

First, the programme dealt with Gordon Neely. Neely died in 2014, which removed any possibility of him defending himself against the allegations.

Neely allegedly notably abused youngsters at Hibernian and Rangers, according to various testaments.

What concerned me about this case was that after he was sacked by Hibernian, he was employed at Rangers. The programme mentioned that no one at Hibernian told anyone at Rangers of the allegations.

What also concerns me is that no one at Rangers thought to check his references with Hibernian, something not mentioned in the programme.

It was as though it wasn’t their responsibility. In fact, it doesnlt seem to be anyones responsibility to check that they are not placing children into the care of abusers.

And according to the rules at the time, it appears that there was no need to check anyway… itself a fundamental fault within the system which even now hasn’t been rectified. Clubs still do not have to do any background checks on coaches.

For me, this would have been a major focus of the programme.

Paedophiles will infiltrate any organisation, something the BBC should be more aware of than most, and yet this crucial isue was glossed over.

At Celtic, one went to the extreme length of forming a boys club to get nearer his prey..

Jim Torbett, the man sacked by Jock Stein after allegations of abuse at Celtic Boys club, returned in 1980 to continue working with children.

This is inexcusable.

A club fires him for alleged abuse, and then re hires him after the man who sacked him has left.

It’s inexcusable is that the club did not report their fears to police in 1977, when he was first sacked. In fact, although he was sacked, the programme revealed it wasn’t quite worded in that way…

Again, unforgivable from Celtic.

It got even murkier when it was revealed that there were business links between Jack McGinn, Kevin Kelly, and Torbett that may have influenced the clubs decision to rehire Torbett.

However, in the interests of balance, the BBC should have mentioned that Torbett at this point had not been convicted of any crime, nor was he under investigation.

Thats still not an excuse for re-hiring him, far from it, but it should have been noted by the BBC.

Torbett wasn’t convicted until the late nineties, and even the most rigid of rules could not have prevented him applying for a job with kids in 1980 when he returned.

However, common sense should have.

All clubs should now carry out checks on all staff.

All clubs should now report any suspicions to the police. This is far too serious an issue for the SFA to deal with. It’s far too serious an issue for clubs to deal with.

Its been shown that they would prefer to leave the law out of it, and that is unacceptable.

The biggest failing of all, however, came when presenter Daly cobbled together a scene where he attempted to doorstep Torbett, adopting the style of Rogue Traders or Watchdog when they discover a fellow has been selling overpriced stairlifts to elderly women.

Torbett, of course, wasn’t home.as Daly seemed to know- the ” he’s still abroad ” comment implying that he already knew that.

Even if he had been, the sight of a camera crew and a BBC van outside might have made him suddenly remember where the kitchen window was.

Torbett is facing serious allegations.

I asked Daly on twitter if he had forwarded his dossier to the police, which would allow a proper investigation to take place, and support offered to victims at a professional level. He hasn’t replied as yet, but one hopes that Police Scotland are even as we speak reading through the testaments given on screen, and anything else that may have been left on the cutting room floor.

If he reads this, I’m sure he will give that assurance.

However, and heres the problem.

Whilst programmes like this draw attention to the behaviour of individuals such as Torbett, ho has “vehemently denied ” the allegations, his defence lawyer is now in a position to voice concerns about him receiving a fair trial.

In fact, theres no chance of him receiving a fair trial, and that is because of last nights programme and the repercussions.

The programme was a fantastic idea idea, and it may yet provoke changes within the game that remove -or at least lessen -opportunities for predatory peadophiles, but if the aim was to get Torbett to answer the allegations, , then it may well have done more harm than good.

For those of you who use social media, can I ask that you to think before posting anything. Remember the victims might be reading it, and they have been through enough without the ignorant casting their thoughts.

Never mind which club was employing which predator, the real issue is that anyone employed these people in the first place.

It’s shameful and unacceptable they were not reported to the police at the first whisper of abuse

And it must not be allowed to happen again.

Link removed- admin

Edited by blueflag
U

" Whilst programmes like this draw attention to the behaviour of individuals such as Torbett, ho has “vehemently denied ” the allegations, his defence lawyer is now in a position to voice concerns about him receiving a fair trial.

In fact, theres no chance of him receiving a fair trial, and that is because of last nights programme and the repercussions. "

What a load of shyte. All that's required to see Torbett jailed again is for the guys who testified on camera last night to repeat their claims in court.

These barrack room lawyers do my tits in.

" Whilst programmes like this draw attention to the behaviour of individuals such as Torbett, ho has “vehemently denied ” the allegations, his defence lawyer is now in a position to voice concerns about him receiving a fair trial.

In fact, theres no chance of him receiving a fair trial, and that is because of last nights programme and the repercussions. "

What a load of shyte. All that's required to see Torbett jailed again is for the guys who testified on camera last night to repeat their claims in court.

These barrack room lawyers do my tits in.

It's also not about 'individuals' it is about a cover up by football clubs. The question everyone needs to ask themselves is 'how they are going to respond'. Start putting pressure on politicians. Don't wait for someone else to do it.

It's also not about 'individuals' it is about a cover up by football clubs. The question everyone needs to ask themselves is 'how they are going to respond'. Start putting pressure on politicians. Don't wait for someone else to do it.

That's exactly the position I take Walter. It's those who covered things up I want to see prosecuted.

The Children & Young Persons Act - placing kids in danger, should do.

As for taking action, I've been fighting for years for this whole matter to be brought out into the open.

That's exactly the position I take Walter. It's those who covered things up I want to see prosecuted.

The Children & Young Persons Act - placing kids in danger, should do.

As for taking action, I've been fighting for years for this whole matter to be brought out into the open.

I think society is in a better place now to drag these people out from their hiding places than it was when that pathetic excuse of a journalist supported the Hibs / Kenny Waugh cover up Boabie. It won't come about by outrage on a Gers forum however. We need to email our politicians and speak to them to ensure that this is taken on. These kids (and now they are broken adults) were let down by people in authority. They have now had the courage to come forward. Don't let them down again.