Aberdeen 0 - 3 Rangers (Miller 79, 81; Dodoo 83)

Given that JJ has just joined up again and where we were at the weekend, a neat blast from the past:

(Wonder how Gio and some others would be treated by the modern day board community ... :devil: )

I was there! Great game. Amato and Sir Jonatan of Johanssonshire on fire. You could feel the seethe emanating from the home end. Lovely.

Just watched the highlights on Rangers TV.

Tom Miller and Hugh Burns, they might as well have recorded it in the pub those last 10 minutes :D

Camera pans to the Aberdeen fans exiting in their droves after Dodoo's goal.

TM: "Lock up your sheep!"

HB: "Baaaaa!"

I would love to listen to that! Are there any links to it Norris?

I'm still baffled that anybody seriously proposed/proposes that this sheep crew are anything like a solid second force in Scotland. Granted they might have been when we weren't there but now we're back despite the hiccups of this season in which we consistently misfired we have still met them 3 times so far and outplayed them on each occasion. They totally stole a result in the first meeting and just didn't get so freakishly lucky again.

I would be content with a third place finish that accompanied another thrashing of these hammer throwers at Ibrox to firmly remind them where their real place in the order of things is. During our enforced absence they seem to have forgotten it.

I'm still baffled that anybody seriously proposed/proposes that this sheep crew are anything like a solid second force in Scotland. Granted they might have been when we weren't there but now we're back despite the hiccups of this season in which we consistently misfired we have still met them 3 times so far and outplayed them on each occasion. They totally stole a result in the first meeting and just didn't get so freakishly lucky again.

I would be content with a third place finish that accompanied another thrashing of these hammer throwers at Ibrox to firmly remind them where their real place in the order of things is. During our enforced absence they seem to have forgotten it.

Couldn't agree more.

This season will be their third consecutive second-place finish, but as you say, well, we've been away. I too get the distinct impression that three years of being 'best of the rest' has given them some bizarre sense of entitlement, that they are 'back' and 'here to stay'. Don't believe it for a second. I'll make a prediction here and now that as we continue on our steady upward trajectory next season, there will be rumblings of discontent amongst the sheep.

I hope for their sake they have enjoyed the last few years, because the days of easy trophies and league-placings will not be coming back.

Hearts have given a proper shoeing on both trips to Tynecastle. Far more impressive on their day than Aberdeen but all about consistency.

Hearts have given a proper shoeing on both trips to Tynecastle. Far more impressive on their day than Aberdeen but all about consistency.

Greater consistency is something i'm expecting to see from the outset next season. I expect the team to be stronger in key areas and while the sheep and heartz of this league basically stand still because they have no scope to be any better than they currently are we will ease back to a two horse race.

Like everyone else I didn't know what to expect when Pedro came on board but even this early I'm beginning to like what I see in terms of his willingness to change and tweak mid match. I like seeing halftime substitutions because I had become somewhat disillusioned with the Warburton 60 minute plus subs. Started to feel as if that was often just too late for a player to get himself into it and change anything.

And aside from that we're now beginning to see changes in shape during a match to take advantage of perceived opposition weaknesses which is also a huge difference from the Warburton strategy of just keep doing the same thing that we already know isn't working

Greater consistency is something i'm expecting to see from the outset next season. I expect the team to be stronger in key areas and while the sheep and heartz of this league basically stand still because they have no scope to be any better than they currently are we will ease back to a two horse race.

Like everyone else I didn't know what to expect when Pedro came on board but even this early I'm beginning to like what I see in terms of his willingness to change and tweak mid match. I like seeing halftime substitutions because I had become somewhat disillusioned with the Warburton 60 minute plus subs. Started to feel as if that was often just too late for a player to get himself into it and change anything.

And aside from that we're now beginning to see changes in shape during a match to take advantage of perceived opposition weaknesses which is also a huge difference from the Warburton strategy of just keep doing the same thing that we already know isn't working

I will put my hand up and agree at least we are now getting a hint of a formation and style of play. Just a hint but hopefully we will see more next week.

I will put my hand up and agree at least we are now getting a hint of a formation and style of play. Just a hint but hopefully we will see more next week.

Next week is a different kind of challenge and it will be interesting to see how he sets up for it. I'm glad he was in the stand at the last encounter which gave him a good first hand look at how they will set up against us which will likely be pretty much same again. If he can pull this off with some masterful strategy he will be well on the way to being fully accepted by even the most vociferous of doubters.

And if he doesn't pull it off i'm not going to be one of those who claim it as evidence he's not up to the job. I'm obviously looking for a win and feel we can get it but if we don't get it in a match against a side that's been massively outspending us I wont turn around and say it's the managers fault.