I heard it for the first time down at Rugby Park last week, and I heard it getting another airing yesterday at Pittodrie.

I hate to say it but it seems that some of our support are coming across as brain dead. There is no justification for singing it.

We presumably have an RC manager, We may have RC players.

It will severely damage the club and its reputation if we continue with it and it gives our enemies an open goal that even van Vossen can't fail to score with.

We need to stop it immediately.

I didnt have audio yesterday but I heard it at Kilmarnock. It is absolutely disgusting and has no place at our matches.

While I can argue all day about our right to sing (or otherwise) about fenians and IRA supporters, to be singing about catholics in general in this manner is abhorrent. It's not just a wee laugh or banter, it is downright sectarian hatred and I will have no part of it, and while I am not one for confrontation at the games (especially given the amount of brain cells anyone singing this must have missing) I was loudly discussing this at Killie that is was well out of order and shocking.

Any fans caught singing this deserve all they get i'm afraid. I know its not a level playing field either in Scottish football or with the authorities, but there is no defence for this.

Pedro was praising the passion of our supporters. I wonder if he knew what they were singing. Embarrassing self-harm and just wrong. The club should make an official statement to distance ourselves from these morons and remove their season tickets. It cannot be difficult to start identifying them. There is very little point everyone in the club working their socks off to reverse the damage of the last few years in our history if these morons continue singing anti RC songs. It is pretty difficult to attract investment through sponsorship or other means as it is. There is little point in normal fans investing their hard earned every home game when these idiots undermine that goodwill and investment at away games.

Let's be straight - they are not 'supporters' of the club. They damage it.

Club 1872 should also step in here with a statement btw.

Edited by Walterbear

I'm still none the wiser what the song is.

I'll play the match back later today and see if I can catch it.

"we hate c@tholics, we hate Roman c@tholics"

Altered so not to appear in search engines.

With all our amazing history, achievements, players and managers, why o why take time to construct a song about this nonsense? If any fan gets hauled over the coals because of this, I have zero sympathy. I genuinely feel that our fan base will reduce considerably if we don't rid ourselves of this. All teams need to encourage new fans outwith the usual avenues and on this front we are light years behind.