CRAIG Whyte has set up a Twitter page

Perhaps not voluntarily but he wouldn't be the first to be returned despite his desire not to.

These people are treated as hero's there. The Pakastani government act out a good game but protect their own interests. Check out my world War 3 thread in the Bluenose lounge about Dr Kahn. He was supposedly put under house arrest but remained free to do what he wanted.

The same people who had Bin Laden stashed in a compound barely a thousand yards from the countries top military academy and military centre then claimed to know nothing about it. In a location where nothing can move far less set up home without massive scrutiny. They were more embarrassed that the Americans were able to get in there undetected and kill him then get back out again than they were that it was revealed he was there.

These people are treated as hero's there. The Pakastani government act out a good game but protect their own interests. Check out my world War 3 thread in the Bluenose lounge about Dr Kahn. He was supposedly put under house arrest but remained free to do what he wanted.

Baldy Shahid thought he was safe in Pakistan too, he found out otherwise.

Baldy Shahid thought he was safe in Pakistan too, he found out otherwise.

I don't think Rangers are important enough for these people though. I sincerely hope you are right and they extradite him back here though. The thought of all the bastards getting done that sucked the marrow from our club would make me very happy.

' "But a source said of the move ahead of his trial at the High Court in Glasgow: “He wanted to have his own platform so that he could comment on certain aspects of the case and respond directly to anything being said he disagrees with." '

Will this not place him in contempt of court?

I can't think of any criminal trial, at all, where the public, and, depending on the scale and nature of dissemination, quite possibly a jury, have been regaled, during a trial, with the personal opinions of the accused via any communication medium whatsoever.

Edited by Uilleam

Withey, Greir, Clark and Whitehouse will never face charges in relation to Rangers Green and Ahmad may well do so yet.

That these buffed-up corner boys will evade even the possibility of being held to account for their actions is disgraceful. It is indicative of the indifference, or incompetence, or both, of the Procurators Fiscal.

' "But a source said of the move ahead of his trial at the High Court in Glasgow: “He wanted to have his own platform so that he could comment on certain aspects of the case and respond directly to anything being said he disagrees with." '

Will this not place him in contempt of court?

I can't think of any criminal trial, at all, where the public, and, depending on the scale and nature of dissemination, quite possibly a jury, have been regaled, during a trial, with the personal opinions of the accused via any communication medium whatsoever.

He is probably hoping for a reaction that he can place in front of the court as being unfair and that he has already been found guilty.

He is probably hoping for a reaction that he can place in front of the court as being unfair and that he has already been found guilty.

I do not know what would happen if the accused, pre trial, made public statements (beyond declarations of innocence) on matters which are sub judice, and on which newspapers, TV, and radio, and some, if not all, blogs, websites, etc., would eschew reporting, far less comment, for that reason.

My assumption would be that it would be some form of Contempt, and would be treated as such.