CRAIG Whyte has set up a Twitter page

I hope admin are ok with me posting this?, if not no doubt it will be deleted!

Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte launches Twitter page to post updates during fraud trial

He will be posting using Twitter handle CraigWhyte22

CRAIG Whyte has set up a Twitter page to post updates from his upcoming fraud trial.

The former Rangers owner, 46, launched his social media site days before the case involving his takeover of the club gets underway.

He uses the handle CraigWhyte22 and his bio, accompanied with a selfi, reads: “Entrepreneur. Business Turnaround Strategist. Former owner Rangers Football Club”.

Last night, he had yet to tweet.

But a source said of the move ahead of his trial at the High Court in Glasgow: “He wanted to have his own platform so that he could comment on certain aspects of the case and respond directly to anything being said he disagrees with.

“He is also keen to highlight what life is like in the goldfish bowl that is Glasgow while he is based there for the trial.”

Whyte, from Motherwell, is accused of claiming a controlling stake in the Light Blues “by fraud” between May 2010 and May 2011.

Prosecutors also allege he pretended cash was available to make agreed payments.

The second charge under the Companies Act centres on an alleged £18million payment linked with Whyte’s takeover of the Ibrox side.

The jury trial is set to begin tomorrow and could last up to three months.

Whyte was originally accused along with six other men of breaking the law in relation to the May 2011 deal.

But charges against Gary Withey, David Grier, David Whitehouse, Paul Clark, Charles Green and Imran Ahmad were dropped.

Whyte will be represented in court by defence lawyer Donald Findlay QC.

Alex Prentice QC will lead the case for the Crown.

darren.hamilton@ the-sun.co.uk

Edited by ian1964

But a source said of the move ahead of his trial at the High Court in Glasgow: “He wanted to have his own platform so that he could comment on certain aspects of the case and respond directly to anything being said he disagrees with.

So everything that's said he disagrees with is just lies and the core of it is that will be pretty much everything that's said. I just wrote his entire twitter commentary for him even before he makes a tweet.

Were the other charges dropped?

The crown made an arse of the charges. 24 hours later they repeated that action with a load of different charges. The guy leading the case got the boot. The new guy appearing on Tuesday is a hundred times better I'm told.

Withey, Greir, Clark and Whitehouse will never face charges in relation to Rangers Green and Ahmad may well do so yet.

Ahmad may never return to Britain. He made his millions and can live in Pakistan as a king.

Ahmad may never return to Britain. He made his millions and can live in Pakistan as a king.

I could live like a King there and I don't have millions or anything like it. Average wage about 24 quid a week. i could have me a couple of gofers for 50 quid a week. With milions whole teams of them.