Let us wonder...

Lets imagine we have Gersnet Tardis and we travel 12 months down the line what will you all be expecting of our team , I would hope for a defence that knows their job and can defend like tigers , someone in the middle who will not only be able to win the ball but put the willys up opposition players, and strikers who can stick the ball in the onion bag ,and a big win on the euro millions for old compo .

Yeah, I'd hope the manager (and board) will have addressed not only our playing shortcomings but the lack of talent in our boardroom.

I can't see us being able to win the title but I'd like to see us make a much better fist of it and definitely finish 2nd.

Most folk I speak to talk about signings in the same places - it boils down to the spine of the team - CH, CM, CF. Those are the areas I'm hoping Pedro is targetting, with the rest of the squad uplifted depending on who leaves.

I'd fancy our signings will come from places we are not as familiar with, such as Portugal and perhaps even South America. I suspect we will be able to uplift the technical ability of our squad without paying the inflated prices we've paid for the likes of Garner.

With that, I hope we will be better able to implement the transition based game Caixinha is trying to put in place.

Target for this time next year - a reasonable run in the Europa League, a domestic cup final and minimum of 2nd in the league with a much smaller gap in terms of points.

Our midfield has been ravaged by injuries (Krancjar, Rossiter, Windass), that bust up with Barton, and a lack of consistent quality of those remaining. Likewise, the central defence was subject to constant shifts and changes, with Hill said to be leaving to England this summer (according to his own words). It would be good if this situation won't happen next season, as I reckon Kranjcar can be immense as a creative midfielder, Rossiter equally effective in defensive midfield.

One wonders what role Dodoo and perhaps Hardie will have to play, I wouldn't be surprised if McKay leaves for pastures new and brings in a transfer fee that can help us getting new players.

EDIT: Igore the remark on Hill above, just read this:

"If I could stay I'd like to, I don't know what the situation is or if there is one. If the opportunity does come then brilliant, if not then I would have enjoyed every minute of this football club," Hill told Rangers TV.
Edited by der Berliner

Most folk I speak to talk about signings in the same places - it boils down to the spine of the team - CH, CM, CF. Those are the areas I'm hoping Pedro is targetting, with the rest of the squad uplifted depending on who leaves.

I'd fancy our signings will come from places we are not as familiar with, such as Portugal and perhaps even South America. I suspect we will be able to uplift the technical ability of our squad without paying the inflated prices we've paid for the likes of Garner.

With that, I hope we will be better able to implement the transition based game Caixinha is trying to put in place.

Target for this time next year - a reasonable run in the Europa League, a domestic cup final and minimum of 2nd in the league with a much smaller gap in terms of points.

with the first qualifier in 8 weeks time?

fantasy land

Firstly if we can get a good season out of Kranjcar then that will make a huge difference. But the other signings are going to be key. They have to get out the blocks fast. This seasons signings have either not worked out performance wise or injuries - that said its been our loan signings (Hyndman and Toral) plus youth promoted (Beerman and Bates) who have looked like they would fit into the team long term.

We have to remember this season was all about cementing ourselves back in the top flight and qualifying for the Europa. We could have ended up in the bottom half which would be a disaster so 3rd wont be as poor as we think. And if we top this week off with a win v Celtic then it will inspire.

RB Leipzig have shown that huge leaps can be done in a short time by playing well but more so a bit off investment. We are not on that scale but its not impossible to say Pedro will get his own players in and they buy into his system straight away.

So this time next season we should have had investment, a run in the Europa League - I think Group Stages would be sufficient, Much closer to Celtic but further ahead of the team in 3rd.

12 month down the line I'd be hoping that we are a fair bit closer in terms of points to them and ahead of Aberdeen. and like Compo I'd hope at the very least we have a commanding centre half.

Defence not bad right now, a midfield general is what we need, but none in our price range.