Pedro Caixinha is in the stand at Scotstoun watching Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh. Also there: Murray, P., and Robertson, S.

Is he looking for hairy-arsed defenders?

Or merely inspiration?

(If the latter, then he could have picked a better match.)

Maybe he/they think(s) that's where the game is tomorrow and checking out the pitch? Didn't Warriors play at Firhill at one point?

Or a lesson in Parliamo Glesca?

Or just bonding?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I think the following players will be getting told their services are no longer required:

Hodson, Kiernan, Hill (reluctantly perhaps), Senderos, Halliday, Crooks, Windass, Garner, Forrester, O'Halloran, Dodoo (might be saved by his age and long contract) and quite possibly Waghorn as well (simply because he hasn't produced under PC).

I think he'll keep Tavernier (though I'd have Hodson or someone new), Wilson, Wallace, Holt, Miller.

Mackay will be sold.

It seems Rossiter will get a chance to prove himself and hopefully Kranjcar will come back to anchor the midfield.

The big question is how are we going to persuade all those not required to leave without it costing a small fortune in pay offs?

I think next season's team will be built around Foderingham (unless he has a new goalkeeper in mind); Tavernier (or again someone we don't know), Wilson, Hill (or again a new CB), Wallace; Kranjcar plus Rossiter/Hill and one or two newbies; Miller and a new striker.

Thoughts?

To overhaul numbers that big isnt just difficult but hugely costly. For every player that goes (sold or paid off) we would need to make a new signing (bosman plus wages or fee). And one issue is we couldnt possibly go into the season - Europa Qualifiers included - with a smaller squad than this season. Time isnt also on our side to do that in 4-5 weeks.

Therefore Id probably guess Hodson, Kiernan, Halliday, Windass and Dodoo from your list will stay on for sure as squad players.

Hill and Senderos will be let go due to age and form respectively and being out of contract. I think Hill maybe worth another year though to help Bates and Beerman.

Crooks will probably go out on loan again at the very least. With MOH and Waghorn told they can go if a buyer is found.

Garner is the interesting one as he cost plenty so I dont think he would be let go unless a good fee is offered which is unfortunate because I just dont see what he can offer at all.

Kranjcar and Rossiter are arguably the two best talents in the squad but also likely to be the most frequent in the treatment room.

Beerman has impressed - is he a potential starter therefore is there value in selling Wallace for some funds?

It's almost impossible to predict what Pedro will do. He's that type and seems to me to be very strong minded.

However if the media are to be believed then he wants to bring in 12 new players so it can conceivably be drawn that he wants rid of 12 of the current squad. So that would include Hyndma and Toral, leaving 10 others to be shown the door. Look to the bench for most of those. MOH, Halliday, Windass, Hodson, Kiernan, Garner, Senderos plus another 3?

Edited by Barebear

Wallace won't go in my opinion. It is also my opinion that Wallace makes McKay a better player with his runs giving him the option of a pass or pulling defenders away from him. I think McKay is lost without Wallace.