I think the following players will be getting told their services are no longer required:

Hodson, Kiernan, Hill (reluctantly perhaps), Senderos, Halliday, Crooks, Windass, Garner, Forrester, O'Halloran, Dodoo (might be saved by his age and long contract) and quite possibly Waghorn as well (simply because he hasn't produced under PC).

I think he'll keep Tavernier (though I'd have Hodson or someone new), Wilson, Wallace, Holt, Miller.

Mackay will be sold.

It seems Rossiter will get a chance to prove himself and hopefully Kranjcar will come back to anchor the midfield.

The big question is how are we going to persuade all those not required to leave without it costing a small fortune in pay offs?

I think next season's team will be built around Foderingham (unless he has a new goalkeeper in mind); Tavernier (or again someone we don't know), Wilson, Hill (or again a new CB), Wallace; Kranjcar plus Rossiter/Hill and one or two newbies; Miller and a new striker.

Thoughts?

I would hope he will assess O'Halloran and Forrester in the games to come, as he only had a few videos and a handful of training sessions, not least with Forrester (who has just now returned from injury). Same goes for Alnwick, who hasn't had a single game to show what he can do. Why look for another goalie?

I do assume that PC will bring in people he knows, battle-seasoned pros who may look at us as a chance to have a go at the EPL. In any case, I would hope that the team ain't flooded with too many foreigners, as we need a good spine that hits the ground running, which might prove difficult with 11 people who hardly know one another.

Edited by der Berliner

I would hope he will assess O'Halloran and Forrester in the games to come, as he only had a few videos and a handful of training sessions, not least with Forrester (who has just now returned from injury). Same goes for Alnwick, who hasn't had a single game to show what he can do. Why look for another goalie?

I do assume that PC will bring in people he knows, battle-seasoned pros who may look at us as a chance to have a go at the EPL. In any case, I would hope that the team ain't flooded with too many foreigners, as we need a good spine that hits the ground running, which might prove difficult with 11 people who hardly know one another.

Some experienced reinforcements before 29 June would be big plus IMO.

South Americans are a big risk but if he can get one or two he trusts who can harden our team I'd go for that. Be worth it just to sort out Brown and Racist Griffiths (a term he should always be referred by). The young Ghana lad might be worth a punt. If he's one of the better African centre backs he can't be too bad.

Doubt krankjar will be his anchor. I think he's got one eye on retirement. I'd actually give Kiernan a chance playing in a proper defence and MOH may be worth a chance in a better team but both may have had their fill. I'd give forester a chance. He has ability if he can screw his head on. Foderingham would not be my No. 1. Dont know why Gilks wasn't number 1. There may be some improvement in McKay but not sure he's cut out for Scottish football. He'd probably do well in Portugal or lower levels in Spain or France.

If I could get rid of players top of my list would be Waghorn, Dodoo, Wilson, Hill (age), Halliday, Garner, Krankjar (injury man), senderos, Foderingham (we can get some money for him), Tavernier (he's just a bit crap at defending but might get a few quid), That would allow me to replace the spine.

The difficulty here is it is impossible to assess how some may improve with tougher management, a bit more confidence and surrounded by better players. Im pretty confident Waghorn, Dodoo, Wilson, Halliday and Garner would struggle irrespective.

I think he said he had a list of 12 so my guess is he wants 12 out and the majority will be those he has seen in recent weeks.

Of course god knows how many he will actually be able to get rid of for contractual reasons without giving them free transfers. So I don't see him raising more than 3 or 4m in transfers, maybe he will get 6m from the Board. it's not a lot to challenge the peasants but it should be enough to take a step up. He's in for a tough season but he seems a tough guy.

We're not going to have too many 'Rangers men' unfortunately.

Edited by Walterbear

Would agree with most of that. I'd let Foderingham go he looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights during big games. Maybe give Alnwick a go his former clubs fans love him and appear to rate him highly. Or bring someone better in perhaps Ruddy. I'd suggest McGregor but he's hardly played and I think he's done

Alves has all the right experience but seems to get sent off at least once a season in recent times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Alves

Nonetheless he should have a couple of seasons in him at our level and might be just the leader we need.

Cagliari Calcio are doing reasonably well for a promoted team in Serie a, sitting 12th of 20; but they are losing more or less 2 goals a game and have the third worst goals against record in the league. No way of knowing how Alves has performed in those stats but he appears to have played 90 minutes in every game.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruno-alves/leistungsdaten/spieler/13121

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Pedro Caixinha is in the stand at Scotstoun watching Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh. Also there: Murray, P., and Robertson, S.

Is he looking for hairy-arsed defenders?

Or merely inspiration?

(If the latter, then he could have picked a better match.)