Match Preview: General Caixinha Takes Command

Either those who might well be off in the summer and still playing out there knew that they are off in the summer, or they have no will to actually fight for their place in our squad for next season.

Thus, there is just one good thing that came out today for PC, i.e. another lecture who is good enough to play for us next season and who is not.

Garner, Bates and Hill (of all people) worked well enough, Hodson (out of position), Holt, McKay and Miller well enough in spells. We sure lack almost a whole midfield, with commanding and demanding players who hold their own. If any of them is a leader, i.e. a real leader on the park as well, all the better. Dorrans would be a start.

Edited by der Berliner

We played better when they had eleven men, we just couldn't take advantage of our extra player. Second half we switched of for about twenty minutes, which to Hearts praise they looked the better team and almost took the lead. I've criticised Garner at times, but thought he deserved the MOM, tireless today, if he wasn't scoring or fighting for every ball up front he was defending. Not sure if i liked Kenny Miller playing in a deeper role behind the strikers?

Tired of the negativity, 3 points is 3 points, i was happy

What I seen today was the malaise that troubles us I.E. that no manager in recent times has been able to set up the team to play against ten men,at times it looked as if Hearts had the extra man.

I don't think it helped that we had 4 defenders, one MF player, one winger & 4 forwards forwards on the park at the end.

I genuinely despair at how often we get over-run & outnumbered in MF

Edited by RANGERRAB

Cathro managed the 10 men exceptionally well IMO and Cowie was everywhere controlling the midfield in the second half. No one could have denied Hearts a point for a gutsy performance.

The fact that we have no midfield to speak of is self evident.

Edited by BrahimHemdani