How will we line up next season?

I said this last week:

I am inclined to ignore -completely- reports of transfer targets who appear to be players in whom we may have been interested, if our Manager was not a Portuguese intellectual with only a handful of games in Scotland under his mortar board.

I stand to be corrected, of course, but it seems to me that the football media speculate, ironically firing blanks to avoid, well, blanks, the latter anathema in their world.

It is the journalistic equivalent of talking for talking's sake.

Yeah DH iv seen them to, plus Walker, Nicholson and Paterson at Hearts, McGinn and Cummings at Hibs, Boyce at Ross County, Crawford at Hamilton Dorrans, Naismith, Whittaker and Lafferty at Norwich, Charlie Adam, Bruno Alves, Rachid Sumilia, Paulinho (Guy that plays in the portugese 2nd division Winger/striker), Ryan Gauld and about 3 or 4 players PC used to manage in Mexico. The press have linked us with a load of player, I think down to the fact they don't have a clue who we are going for and they are just hoping they get some right

Will Vaulks to add to that list

Miller is rapidly becoming the new jig i.e. Have to find a position for him regardless.

He is totally unsuited to MF. He is a striker and if he doesn't play that role he shouldn't be in the team at all

Miller is rapidly becoming the new jig i.e. Have to find a position for him regardless.

He is totally unsuited to MF. He is a striker and if he doesn't play that role he shouldn't be in the team at all

Which would be totally undeserved - he is far better than McCulloch. Your right he is a striker and our best and should be playing up top.

So back to this thread with a lot of talks over the last days. Obviously this isnt the finished article but until we get signings near over the line we cant put them in.

Foderingham

Tavernier Alves Wilson Wallace

Rossister

Windass Jack Kranjcaer Dodoo

Miller

Of course 3 more names in Alves mould added to that XI in place of some players is what we want or if Pedro unearths a couple of unknown gems from Mexico or Portugal.

Beerman may take over Wallace long term in that side.

Im not so sure Jack will be a starter as I dont know enough about him. Windass is a bit of a hollywood player who has a touch of talent bursting forward but needs to add a lot more to his all round game.

Although Ive put Dodoo in he just cant seem to get a run of games for anything yet always impresses coming off the bench. McKay is another talent but continues to raise doubts with some due to inconsistency yet I would like to see him kick on and stay. Holt will be a good squad player but Halliday can probably move on.

Upfront Miller will be a key squad player next season. I was a Waghorn fan but convinced now he should leave along with Garner. Waghorn just hasnt taken enough of his chances over the season.

Others - Forrester has seem to just disappear and O Hallaran is clearly not wanted by Pedro. Obviously Toral and Hyndman are away back to their clubs with Hill and Senderos let go. Bates will be a squad player and Kiernan may leave also. Matt Crooks is the final name - no idea what will happen with him.

But a lot of surgery needed overall but with time restraints it may take more than one window. Balancing time to get players in with those out is risky for Euro deadlines and also costly if we cant offload players after signings so the chances are a few players who we thought would leave may still be on the books next season.