CRINGEWORTHY Pedro Caixinha’s embarrassing love-in with Rangers fans....

...and John Terry’s Chelsea send-off were equally toe-curling says Colin Duncan.

Some Gers fans celebrated with Caixinha as if they had actually won the league while we had to suffer the contrived Terry spectacle.

IT is a tough call as to what was the most toe-curling event last weekend as the curtain came down on the league campaigns north and south of the border.

In fact it is almost impossible to separate them.

At McDiarmid Park we had the cringeworthy love-in when some Rangers fans celebrated with their manager as if they had actually won the league.

And at Stamford Bridge we had the unedifying spectacle when a game of football was actually stopped mid match so John Terry could be given a contrived send-off cooked up all by himself.

Both highlighted, and not in a good way, the ‘look at me, me, me ’ culture which exists in modern football.

At the conclusion of Rangers 2-1 victory over St Johnstone on Sunday manager Pedro Caixinha was swamped by star-struck supporters.

They appeared to think finishing the Premiership season 39 points behind runaway winners Celtic was cause for celebration.

You might have been inclined to cut them some slack if it were school kids looking for a selfie to post on their Twitterbook feeds.

But, no. These were grown up fawning over the Portuguese coach and embarrassingly cajoling him into a rendition of the bouncy.Of course there was no harm in the away fans applauding the team for their efforts but that should have been it.

Caixinha is understandably keen to ingratiate himself with the Ibrox support, however he should have reciprocated before heading down the tunnel would have been more advisable.

Instead we had the bizarre spectacle of punters hailing him as if he were the Second Coming.

For the record Caixinha has won six of his 11 games in charge at Ibrox since succeeding Mark Warburton. He is not the Messiah.

In West London on the same afternoon Terry clearly thought he was the Messiah.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1053643/pedro-caixinha-rangers-john-terry-chelsea/

The attacks on PC continue!

It's not as if he's doing it every week.

If he hadn't joined in, there would be stories about him treating the fans with contempt.

Unlike many, I don't mind Keith Jackson, but his take on this was pathetic and he's really scraping the bottom of the barrel, and it seems that the Sun are jumping on the bandwagon.

I'd also say that the "look at me, me, me" culture is worse in Scottish journalism that it is in Scottish football.

CRINGEWORTHY! Colin Duncan's attack on high spirited supporters, and a bit of harmless fun.

I would suggest that he gets out more, but, frankly, would you -would anyone- want to meet this miserablist down the pub, the club, the park, on a boat or a plane, or on even on top of a Munro?

File this embarrassing oxterguff under "Girning, gratuitous".

They should never have initiated compulsory drug testing at the super soaraway's offices, in my opinion.

...and John Terry’s Chelsea send-off were equally toe-curling says Colin Duncan.

Some Gers fans celebrated with Caixinha as if they had actually won the league while we had to suffer the contrived Terry spectacle.

IT is a tough call as to what was the most toe-curling event last weekend as the curtain came down on the league campaigns north and south of the border.

In fact it is almost impossible to separate them.

At McDiarmid Park we had the cringeworthy love-in when some Rangers fans celebrated with their manager as if they had actually won the league.

And at Stamford Bridge we had the unedifying spectacle when a game of football was actually stopped mid match so John Terry could be given a contrived send-off cooked up all by himself.

Both highlighted, and not in a good way, the ‘look at me, me, me ’ culture which exists in modern football.

At the conclusion of Rangers 2-1 victory over St Johnstone on Sunday manager Pedro Caixinha was swamped by star-struck supporters.

They appeared to think finishing the Premiership season 39 points behind runaway winners Celtic was cause for celebration.

You might have been inclined to cut them some slack if it were school kids looking for a selfie to post on their Twitterbook feeds.

But, no. These were grown up fawning over the Portuguese coach and embarrassingly cajoling him into a rendition of the bouncy.Of course there was no harm in the away fans applauding the team for their efforts but that should have been it.

Caixinha is understandably keen to ingratiate himself with the Ibrox support, however he should have reciprocated before heading down the tunnel would have been more advisable.

Instead we had the bizarre spectacle of punters hailing him as if he were the Second Coming.

For the record Caixinha has won six of his 11 games in charge at Ibrox since succeeding Mark Warburton. He is not the Messiah.

In West London on the same afternoon Terry clearly thought he was the Messiah.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1053643/pedro-caixinha-rangers-john-terry-chelsea/

The attacks on PC continue!

The double standards are blatant. Diella had his Ronny roar which was a real riddy EVERY SINGLE MATCH. Caixinha celebrates one match at the end of the season and he is attacked for it. It's disgraceful.

The double standards are blatant. Diella had his Ronny roar which was a real riddy EVERY SINGLE MATCH. Caixinha celebrates one match at the end of the season and he is attacked for it. It's disgraceful.

The guy doing the piece isn't the worst by any means too Stu.

I'm sure it was him that took FARE to task a wee while ago.

Yeah it's ludicrous and the reality is that the record et al probably know it's ludicrous but they don't care if it sells an extra paper or gets them another click. If Pedro acted like this every week there may be something to talk about but as you say it was the final match of the season in his currently very short tenure and he felt he needs to bond with the support. He did nothing cringeworthy or inappropriate.

If a manager bonding with his club's supporters is deemed "cringeworthy" I wonder what word Mr Duncan would use to describe a newspaper which spreads lies about deceased football supporters to deflect the blame away from others.

Edited by D'Artagnan